Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

OK, time to change radiator, need help.

Thread: OK, time to change radiator, need help.

SCH Member

OK, time to change radiator, need help.

Time to change the stock radiator out. It just isnt keeping this thing cool in 106 degree weather anymore. Question is, i know that there are many issues with space with the 94/95 kit. I need some advice on what to do. The pictures below will show what im talking about. Thats how close the stock setup is on a stock 94/95 novi 2000 setup. Im taking suggestions on new radiator/fan setups that will keep this 500rwhp beast cool in 100 degree weather that will also clear that crank pulley.

Damn that is close!! I know that Ramchargers makes a nice slim 2 fan unit and I think that Spal does as well. You're gonna have to find a slim elec. fan before you can move up to a bigger radiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Can you give us the measurement from the back surface of the rad to the widest point of the SN-95 fan?( looks to be the back of the fan motor) That will give us an idea of what can fit. Just by the pics alone you have there, the stock fan will have to go in order to put a bigger rad in there. Off the top of my head without knowing the measurements yet, with thoughts of cost in mind, perhaps the FRPP 95 Cobra R rad ($279 @ Ramchargers) and a Ramcharger dual fan setup ($79) might fit and would probably be the most cost effective. If it will fit, get the Ramcharger fan kit without the wiring and just hook it up with the wiring that's already there. I can let you know what's what in terms of the hook up as I'm pretty sure the instructions that came with mine (I bought the one with wiring) explain the wiring for the fans. Ask around on Corral and see what some of the guys have done there.

Hawk, is the $79 price for the dual fan with or w/o the wiring? Also, ya got a link for their website??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    TheHawk05 - It was hard getting precise measurements since nothing is flat. But i did my best. The radiator is 1 inch thick. The fan is about 5in. So the fan/radiator setup is about 6 in i guess. like i said it was really ahrd to get all the measuements correct since nothing was flat.

SCH Member
    What about the fluidyne 94/95 replacement radiator. Part number FHP20-95MU. I think its a 2.5 inch. Maybe i could trim down the fan some. I heard that the 94/95 fans generate some serious CFM(like around 5000 or so). It would be a shame to get rid of this fan.

Originally posted by 5150 LX
    Hawk, is the $79 price for the dual fan with or w/o the wiring? Also, ya got a link for their website??
    The $79 price is for the fans without the wiring. Here's a link to the page with all the info on it:

Ramcharger Dual Fan

All other fans and rads are located here:

Mustang cooling products

Originally posted by Mustang302I heard that the 94/95 fans generate some serious CFM(like around 5000 or so)
    The SN-95 fans are actually very good but not that good. The undisputed King of air movement is the Mark 8 fan which will pull a little over 4000 cfm. That's a sh#t load of air! Comes at a price though. The Mark 8 setup is hard to fit on any blown setup due to it's width. Many guys have to hack the rad cradle to tilt the lower portion of the rad forward in order to get enough clearance for the blower pulley. The other problem is the electrical aspect. Proper gauge wiring and relays along with at least a 130amp alternator is required as that fan draws 100 amps at start up and 40 amps continuous. I'm can't remember what the Ramcharger setup pulls, but it's a lot less than that.

The Fluidyne rads are very nice but are a bit more expensive ($389 for your application at Summit). The FRPP rad I mentioned earlier has 2 rows of 1 inch cores so the cooling capacity is probably very close or just as good as the Fluidyne. It just doesn't look as pretty.

SCH Member
    how do i set up those ramcharger 79 dollar fans with the stock sn95 wireing harness? I can just hook this thing up and wouldnt need any temp control switches beccause my 94' has all that built in the computer correct? I have a custome chip in there too that turns the high speed on at 200 also. Thanks!

Yes, you should be able to re-use the SN-95 harness. It would just be a matter of sorting out which wires are for what in that harness and then connecting them to the proper places on the Ramcharger fan via some splicing and you should be good to go.

Junior SCH Member
    http://www.afcoracing.com
    Look at these rads. I have a 2 core that cools better than a 3 core due to the fact it has the large one inch tubes compared to the smaller tubes in a 3 core. It keept my 500RWHP procharger car cool as can be with the AC on and in 90 degree temps. I also know somone that had a fms unit and switched to the AFCO and had no more cooling issues. I ran a STOCK fan and NO shroud

BEST OF ALL THE COST WAS UNDER 200 BUCKS FOR A FULL ALLUMINUM RAD.
    92 GT,Novi 2000,Nitrous Express, AFR 185 Heads ..etc etc