Thread: short block suggestions?

short block suggestions?

Well ...it was all too good to be true..42 ...11sec runs and now i have blow by.........this was on a 92 stock block stock cam motor...the motor just turned over 50000 the day it blew LOL!........now i need another short block.....i want some comments from people who recently got short blocks from companies.....their likes and dislikes....one thing my motor must have Fordge pistons....not shure what else to get ? 302...306...331...347......mind you i was in the mid to low 11.s with stock block and cam.....wouldnt mind staying there...i dont want a cage...11.499 is cage here IHRA...broke that twice they didnt say anythign to me LOL

thanks in advance

Mike
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Mike, not sure where you are located but my suggestion would be to check around for a local reputable, competent builder. If you can locate one close to home that'd be your best bet in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

i heard that DSS blocks were good. and also CHP. there were some write ups in MM&FFs with them, they went over the engine and made sure that everything was togheter good and it all was. im going to be going with a new short block within the next year or so. deff get a girdle though.
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses