Thread: Tremec or Lentech ???

Junior SCH Member

Tremec or Lentech ???

I can't decide wether to go with a Tremec TKO or a Lentech Automatic. I know the Tremec would be easier and Cheaper, but the Lentech would mean better ET's. What would you guys do. My car is a 1995 GTS with a 331 and a Paxton N2K. It makes 500 HP. Has any switched to an Auto and then missed the stick? Help !!!

Bobby (BLWN331)

Is it for street or drag? I would go for the tremec but then again i just took my 5 speed out and i kinda miss it.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    I'm going to be getting a second car. Hopefully a 2004, but I'll still be driving it on the street. I was looking at the Strip terminator aod.

Bobby (BLWN331)

I hated my aod, but then again it wasn't a lentech. My votes for the tremec. More fun to drive.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

don't get rid of the stick!!!!!

trust me you will miss it... hell when i drive my truck i can't stand it and it isn't even that fast :D... i guess if i were you and you had your heart set on an aod i would go with the lentech... good luck.
    93 black gt

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    The Tremec setup will not be cheaper than the Lentech once you add everything up that you need - tranny, bellhousing, new clutch set and a means for clutch adjustment, aftermarket shifter, yada yada. In the end it comes down to personal preferrence - if you have stick and like it, stay with it; ditto for automatic. I personally like driving automatics but I seem to break them more often than manual trannies, so I went with the Tremec.
    Chris

C4 :)
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

I switched from a stick to the Lentech. You rode in my car with the old motor, wait until you get back and ride in it with the BIG motor in it. I think it will make you like the AOD even more.
    My vote still goes for the AOD.
    Doug