Thread: Few questions...please help

Junior SCH Member

Few questions...please help

Hey guys, doing the install on Cobra403's 1K kit and running into a few snags. Wanna ask first before I do anything.

1st--- the oil drain, Ok this thing is on the side of the S/C ( 3 o'clock position) with a 90 degree fitting that is not gonna fit from what I can see. Now is that right? I'm not worried about the fitting, I can take care of that, but is the position right? I've already had to clock the inlet housing to clear the hood so I'm leary of this. Reason I ask this is cause on a turbo, this would cause alot of grief. Whats the word on this.

2nd--- fuel fitting. We are putting a electric FP gauge and it looks like the inlet tube is right in the way. I have bent the fuel lines over but is there something better to do? It almost looks like I need a 90 degree fitting to clear and I dont even think thats gonna do. Any advise on this?

thanks in advance for the help.
    91 Mustang...turbo car

Can't answer the 1st question because I don't run the 1k.

For the fuel lines, most guys need to bend the fuel lines for clearance. As for the fuel pressure gauge, I did a 90* fitting and then screwed in the sending unit.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

the oil drain shoud be at the 6 o'clock position. it is on my revised kit & on my friends older style 1k!..............

i too used a 90*fitting on the shradervalve, then bent the hardline over pretty far.......

-justin

Junior SCH Member
    OK, 6 o'clock it is. Thanks for the imput guys.
    91 Mustang...turbo car