Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
P1SC hits brick wall @ 10#s........

Thread: P1SC hits brick wall @ 10#s........

Junior SCH Member

P1SC hits brick wall @ 10#s........

Well i was running the 10# pulley on my car and made 407rwhp and 388rwtq. i upgraded to the Reichard pulley 3.00 and is supposed to make 14#s. The car builds boost MUCH quicker but on the high end it still is 10-11#s. Anyone else having problems like this with a P1? My heads and cams can handle the flow and the car should have made more power. We re dynoed today and made 407rwhp and 410rwtq. The HP drops off around 5600ish. They showed me graphs of D1SCs on similar setups and where my power drops off is where the D1 starts to realy climb. here is the graph

2003 Procharger Powered SVT Cobra
    F1A
    636rwhp 541rwtq

Belt slippage? It sounds to me like you are hitting a wall with your belt. That will happen a lot of times with a belt slippage case like this... boost will come on hard, but then find a "peak" point and just not go any further because the drag from the blower is too great for that tension on the belt.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    What are my other options if my belt is slipping. I switched to the RR no slip pulley and a gatorback belt.

DAve
    F1A
    636rwhp 541rwtq

Did you get the updated tensioner from Ford? That made night and day difference with no other changes on a friends 97' 2V w/P1SC.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    No i do not have an updated tensioner. It is the stock/original tensioner from 96. What is the difference in the tensioner? And how much? thanks

Dave
    F1A
    636rwhp 541rwtq

I'm not sure what the difference is... there are 2 seperate part numbers, one is more expensive than the other by like $20 or so, but that is all I remember... I don't remember how much they are. I want to say around a hundred or so... but I honestly can't remember, it was a while ago... call up the dealer and see what they say.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Belt slip is what you are experiencing. If you are hitting a plateau with the boost, you have hit the point where the belt no longer has enough traction to apply the power to the pulley.

I suggest the Updated Ford tensioner.... I got mine for a truck with a 8 rib (or so the parts guy said. I wish I had the part number but I have since sold my kit, to swap to cog)

I also suggest getting the cheapest of the cheap belts. Autozone makes some cheap-o's that work great. The cheaper the belt the softer it is, thus the shorter it will last, but nets you better traction.

I have had NOTHING but bad luck with the gatorbacks, and would say put the ATI gates belt back on.

Best of luck to you... though any pulley under 3.20" is going to be a challange. Unless you have a 99 car, since the belt wrap is a little different.

EA
    More boost then a 20psi gauge.

Junior SCH Member
    Well i was able to find the tensioner it was about $90. I didnt order it yet. I am going to try a different belt first. i just picked one up @ pepboys. I will give that a shot and see what happens. thanks guys
    F1A
    636rwhp 541rwtq

No problem, let us know how it goes.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Ok well i realigned the blower and got the pulleys lined up perfect now. Changed to a new belt. Still seeing 10#s. It hits 10#s around 5400 and holds to 6200. I guess the next step is to try the tensioner, maybe a slightly smaller belt? i didnt notice any belt dust. But it was dark out.

Dave
    F1A
    636rwhp 541rwtq