Thread: Cobra403 is making boost

Junior SCH Member

Cobra403 is making boost

Just got done with Cobra403's Novi install. Everything went as smooth as I guess it does with the instructions they give you LOL. Car feels great, I made a quick pass in it tonite and seen 8psi before I backed off. Still wanna do some more tuning before I hammer it to much. As of right now he doesnt even know its running:D Had a friend help me finish it tonite. Got a few pics ( sorry took these at 1am so the quality isnt the greatest) but enjoy.......

Oh, didnt get a chance to take any of his battery relocation, will do that later. Already had thrown all his junk back into the hatch of the car:p
    Attached Images Attached Images
    91 Mustang...turbo car

Junior SCH Member
    Another....
    91 Mustang...turbo car

Junior SCH Member
    This one is my handy work at ditching his smog pump. We actually used his old smog bracket, the Novi alt. bracket ( bent straight with a big hammer to my specifications:bonk: ) and a piece of tubing from Lowes to make this. So far its working great.
    91 Mustang...turbo car

Looks good, what pulley did you use to see the 8#'s??
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    He put the F-150 pulley on it. Not sure how much its supposed to make with that but I didnt have the belt as tight as it should have been on the first pull. I could hear the alt. sqeaking a bit under load. I'm gonna finish rechecking everything today and try it out again.
    91 Mustang...turbo car

8#'s is pretty good from the F-150, I see about 7#'s. I'm guessing he's running stock heads.

Just a suggesstion but you may want to check out 468LC's pics in photopost where he relocated the Air filter into the fender. As you have it in the pics you may pick up quite a bit of fanwash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    Yea he's about to get a powerpipe from someone ( sorry, not to much up on the Novi stuff) so this is a temporary solution. We did get fanwash but I put the little plastic cover that came with it on there and helped alot.

Oh yea...stock GT-40's on the car, glad to hear 8psi is good. Thanks
    91 Mustang...turbo car

Senior SCH Member
    Is that the new or old novi 1000 version?, looks good though

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Cobra33
    Is that the new or old novi 1000 version?, looks good though
    If it's a F150 pulley, it's a combo drive unit. So it's not the new NOVI 1000 as it is seperately driven.

Senior SCH Member
    double post :/