Thread: Blow Through Vs. Draw Through Mass Air

SCH Member

Blow Through Vs. Draw Through Mass Air

Hopefully someone can help me out here.I just got back from the Norwalk fun Ford event. I talked to a guy who was running a procharger F1 which was putting out 10 lbs of boost.At first I did not see his blow off valve then he showed it to me. It was venting to atmosphere. I have seen guys do this before but have had a bunch of problems with there cars idling right.He told me the reason he could vent to atmosphere was because he was running a blow through mass air. I then understood how he could get his car to idle ok. I will be running a NOVI 2000 renegade blower can I run a blowthrough mass air and then not have to route my blow off into the inlet side of my blower somewhere after the mass air unit.I curently have a draw through but was thinking how much easier it would be to not have to do the extra plumbing for the blowoff.Also is there a limit of the amount of boost you can put through a blow through and still have the good idle.

Junior SCH Member
    I run a blow thru style on my turbo setup. I've ran 15 psi without a hint of a problem. Actually it idles better than it ever did as a draw thru.
    91 Mustang...turbo car

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    You will need to contact Best Products/Pro-M/Pro-Flow for a univer or univer plus. They are blow-thru meters that sample 360 degrees. They work GREAT!!!!! I thought abuot the same this for my turbo setup, but it is setup already for draw thru. visit www.pro-flow.com for more info. Good luck.

Mike