Thread: what size belt

Senior SCH Member

what size belt

Hey guys, my car didnt have the smog pump on it when I bought it, so I had to order a smog pump delete kit, wish it would get here, any ways what size belt do I need for the accessory belt, I do have a/c on an 89 GT, is it the stock length belt, or do I need a different length belt after moving things arround with the install?
    Thanks

Belt lengths seem to vary from car to car. Do you have stock size pullies or underdrives? The underdrive on the ASP 8" pulley affects it as well. I'm using a 93" long belt. I got 3 different sizes before I installed my novi, then returned the belts I didn't need. I recomend getting a 93" plus 1" longer & 1" shorter(this is with fact. pullies)......good luck,
    -justin

Senior SCH Member
    I have all the stock pullies, instead of a smog pump, including a/c, I will be running a smog delete kit, and the stock pullies that came with my Novi 1000

A 110.5 works for me but I have the F-150 Pulley and a large water pump pulley with all accessories, and the adjustmet screw isn't even in the middle of the slot yet.
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

cobra33, jason above has the older version novi1k, so you wont need that length. go to your local auto parts house & ask for a 93" long 6rib belt. the length varies a tad from one make to another. the len may read 92.3 long or even 93.3 long on the belt package. thats normal, as long as its close to that. i would still recomend getting a 1" longer & 1" shorter belt just to be sure, then return them if not needed as i mentioned earlier.........

-justin

Oh I am sorry Cobra33, I didn't realize you had the newer version.
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.