Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

PowerPipe install, and my thoughts (Dial-up warning)

Thread: PowerPipe install, and my thoughts (Dial-up warning)

PowerPipe install, and my thoughts (Dial-up warning)

Well I got the Morpheus Power Pipe installed tonight. If at least some of my neighbors didn't still like me, I'd fire it up right now. (yeah, it's about 2 am... I wanna drive it sooo bad :) )

This thing is soooooooo much bigger than the old black tube when you get 'em both in your hand. I see how people see so much more boost now...

Here is where all the work comes in. Make no mistake: This is not as easy as it sounds. The hole took me a few hours to get smoothed out and big enough. Because the NOVI 1000 sits so far back, you actually need to beat in the wheel well if you were actually going to do this right. I just modified the rubber 90 a little more to be done with it. This would be a LOT easier on the newer style 1000 where the blower sits up farther. I used sheet metal cutters, but it's really a joke. You either get a torch, or some pliers and a hammer and just beat the crap out of it for a few hours..... and I didn't have a torch. As you can see, it looks like absolute crap, but the trim did a lot to clean it up.

On the rubber 90, you actually need to bend farther than 90* to get around to the hole. What I did was cut an inch off at the outer edges, and tapered it to a 1-1/2" cut on the inside of the rubber 90, effectively making it bend more like 100*.
    Overall, I'd have to say it's a ***** to install, but once the hole is cut and you get all the new heater hose lenghts and bends for the new bypass routing, it's all okay. Like the NOVI, after the install, it all seems worth it. :) Just be prepared to go psycho on some sheetmetal, and do some finess cutting on a thick-*** rubber tube.

As for my final recommendation, well I don't know. :( I'll drive it tomorrow. :) :) But for the price, I have a feeling you can't beat it.

-Eric
    '91 Mustang GT/Saleen/Cobra R mut
    Novi 1000, GT-40X heads, GT-40 u/l intake, E-cam, 1.72 rr's, yadda yadda... and many other pointless-to-list mods.
    440 rwhp
    430 rwtq
    Pics (yes it actually works now, I'm slowly updating links for new server)

actually instead of having it on a angle all you need to do is shorten the 90 boot some so the bend is close to the supercharger. But if you got it workin that way its cool. And yeah it is a ***** at first.
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    the anderson powerpipe was not a fun install. but it's in now, so who cares about how much it sucked right?
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

how long did you have to wait for the pipe to get to your house?
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

I ordered last Wednesday. While I was on the phone they wrote up the packing slip, and sent it out that day. It was on my doorstep Monday, and that was even with losing the weekend from UPS. It was pretty quick.

-Eric

i called em up but they never pick up the phone>?
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

Okay, got to go out and play a little today, here's what I found out:

At mid range I picked up about 1 psi boost, and up top where the stock inlet becomes restrictive, I saw about 1.5-2 psi over before. Not bad for just throwin' on a bigger inlet pipe, eh?

Oh yeah, this is with the F-150 6.5" pulley. Before I saw 7.7.5 psi, now seeing about 8.5-9 psi. (Also understand I can rev this motor to 6,500, probably see 8.5 realistically).

Before I got to play around too long I must have blown something loose because I'm loosing some boost, probably in the area of my new bypass routing. I'll go track it down and get in some more tests later. :)
    The first time I got on it, I rolled on it in second gear and at about 4,500 the tires just broke loose. Gotta love that... :D

-Eric

Update: Cool evening air + 6.5" crank + 6300 RPM's + powerpipe = 10 psi

:)

that is all... ;)

7.25" crank numbers (at the dyno too!) coming soon...

-Eric