Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fuel line disconnect tool

Thread: fuel line disconnect tool

Senior SCH Member

fuel line disconnect tool

Guys sorry for the stupid ?, I have never used a fuel line disconnect tool before. Could I get some pics on how the tool works, and how to attach it?
    Thanks

Thats not a stupid question, unfortunatley I don't have a picture of how it works. But I'll try to explain it the best that I can and maybe someone on here can get a pict of how it works.

From the firewall side of the fuel line take the tool and fit it around the fuel line so that the more narrow part actually slides underneath the mushroom looking part of the connection. Once the tool is fit in this position all you have to do is push the tool as far as it will go inside the connection and then pull on both ends of the fuel line and it will come apart as easy as that.

Now when you put the FMU inline all you have to do is push the fuel lines together untill they lock in place

Good luck
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Senior SCH Member
    Ok thanks Jason, 1 more ?, Do I just unclip the top fuel line, or the bottom one also, and which line goes for return, and feed, directions arent real clear, sorry for all the ?s This is for an 89 Mustang GT
    Thanks again, Greg

Oh no problem, the tool in the kit will only work on one of the fuel lines, (the return) because the supply is larger in diameter. The fuel line that comes directly off from the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator and does not attach to each of the injectors is the return line, that is the line you will need to disconnect and plug in the lines from the FMU. The (IN) line from the FMU needs to connect to the fuel line that leads to the bottom of the Fuel Pressure Regulator. And the (OUT) line attaches to the line returning to the tank.

Hope that this helps, and don't feel bad I had to ask to the directions assume that you allready know it.
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Senior SCH Member
    Is it the line with the schraeder valve on it?

Nope, that's the supply line. Let me snap a couple pics for you, my rails are sitting on a shelf, along with all my other crap, lol. I'll post 'em here after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Here ya go...

Once you disconnect this fitting, just tie in the lines for the FMU, they'll only fit one way.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks 5150, now which line is in and which one is out? The line that connects to the mushroom part on the fuel line, does that go to the in or out on the fmu? the fittings on the fmu are the same, not different sizes. Then the other line will go to the other obviously. Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to help me, you dont know how much I appreciate it
    Greg

Install the line w/ themale (mushroom) fitting into the side of the FMU, Install the line w/ the female fitting into the bottom of FMU.

Here's another pic, should be clear enough for you to follow the lines.