Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
8" asp pulley..

Thread: 8" asp pulley..

8" asp pulley..

ok, is there any special way that this thing goes on? do you have to cut and weld it to another pulley? will everything fit ok? thanks.

vinny
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

i cant rememeber if you have the older style or the revised unit but both 8" pulley upgrades are direct bolt-ons, no welding involved. i believe there is some trimming needed on the older version. the revised unit needs no trimming. there is some information on both here titled 8" crank pulley...........
    -justin

got the new one, read the thread about the 8" pulley club, i guess asp custom makes em, i guess i should be alright, if not ill be pissed!! lol

they custom make them but they stock the ones for our vehicle. they have an underdrive acc crank & then the 8" blower($199.95). if you want the regular drive for the accessories you'll have to pay an additional $50...this is considered thier "custom" work.......it appears the vortech 8" pulley you buy from summitt fits as well........regattacoupe here ordered one of these. theyre only $150......i went with ASP before we knew the vortech unit worked!
    good luck,
    -justin

it appears the vortech 8" pulley you buy from summitt fits as well........regattacoupe here ordered one of these. theyre only $150..
    what else would i need then? just the vortech pulley and my stock one? doesnt matter about the new paxon?
    2003 Cobra
    Mods to come:
    -Magnaflow catback
    -Magnaflow X pipe
    -KnN 12" cone
    -Gords Heat exchanger
    -2.80 pulley w/tune

lates win - srt4 modded
    no losses

Hey I have the new style sc, and by the looks of it if I put on a 8" the belt would hit one of the bolts holding the water pump pulley on, cause right now it's not that far away from it, and it's the stock pulley. Unless they give you a different tensioner, or an idler pulley
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

hey mark, actually you get a belt that is 1" longer than you need then use the lower bolt attachment on the tensioner(blower). this gives the belt slack & pulls it low enough to not interfere with the bolts holding the waterpump pulley on.....

-justin

Yeah thanks, I just got done readin another post that said use the bottom bolt hole, I am considering getting one after I make the first pass at the track which won't be for awhile. "looking ahead"
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

i hear ya mark.......i couldnt wait, i had to get the 8" crank......need more power, lol!
    -justin