Thread: schrader valve

Senior SCH Member

schrader valve

how have you guys got a fuel pressure tester on the schrader valve ..mine is so close that when i try to put it on it raises the fuel rail off the injector...any tips?

I had to tweak the heck outta the fuel line prior to installing the S/C inlet pipe. I moved (bent gently) the line with the valve in it up just before the spring lock connnection, this in turn placed the schrader valve high enough that I had ample clearance to get the F/P gauge attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    after you moved it up how in the hec did you get the fitting back on the fuel rail....did you have to play twister with it lol...so basicly my fuel rail s gonna look like gumby after im done?

Nah it's hardly noticeable, there's actually quite a bit of play on the feed line due to the section of rubber hose before it attaches to hardline again at the frame.

What you want to do is stabilize the fuel rail with a wrench that will fit the "boxed" end on the rail where the feed line connects to, gently bend upward on the short section of rail attached to the fuel rail assembly, you may have to bend the feed line that connects into the rail a little bit to get the two to mate. It's not that bad, bend gently.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

Senior SCH Member
    ok thnx,,,im gonna try it lol...worse comes to worse ill buy a new fuel line lol

If you damage yours, let me know. I swapped to an lines and Cartech rails.

Senior SCH Member
    cool thanks for looking out =)

No problem.

do you have an adjustable FPR with a plug on it, because I just ran some copper tubing from it to my gauge,
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

Senior SCH Member
    no mine is adj, just a cheapy..looks like stock but a set screw on top of it