Thread: fuel pressure and timing with 8" pulley?

Senior SCH Member

fuel pressure and timing with 8" pulley?

Hey guys, I am going to install my 8inch pulley on my revised novi today, wondering what my timing and fuel pressure should be with my mods:

stock top and bottom end
    80mm mass air meter with morpheus pipe
    full off road exhaust
    msd 6al and coil
    255 in tank high pressure pump
    30lb injectors and accufab regulator

Senior SCH Member
    Hey Chem, what size belt are you going to use?

W/O a boost retard I would start off very conservative and work your way up w/ the timming. Maybe start your FP around 42ish. If you make about 12-13psi on a stock longblock that should be about 390HP. So 30# injectors should work well W/O a FMU w/ 42psi. But there is no way of knowing how much boost you'll make until you try it out. If it was me and it will be soon (LOL) I'd start off with 6*-8* of base timming and 42-45 PSI of FP and try it out keeping an ear out for deatonation. I am sure some others that have allready done the pulley upgrade can share there experiences with you. Good luck and keep us posted on how it runs. I want to do the same thing to my stock longblock
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.