Thread: a little of everything....

SCH Member

a little of everything....

Ok so here it is... 88 vert, cobra intake, 24lb, 190, 65mm, pro m 75 calibrated, novi 1000 old style i think, exhaust and the other typical stuff. Since the novi install i smell a lot of excess gas and the car surges and stalls at ldle but runs good at anything over 2000 rpm... Really annoying having to pedal it at a light to keep it running. Before the install i had the pressure set at 40lbs without vacuum and idled fairly well. I havent checked pressure since install because the inlet tube is to tight against my fuel port.. Anyone have the same prob ? I heard that the fmu doesent change pressure at idle anyway, only under boost so could this be part of my rich problem. Also a faulty injector is in the back of my mind but us poor college kids cant afford to just swap them out and find out its the meter or something. I was going to take it to laroccas performance in NJ , anyone have any opinions? thanks for the time.. i m new here so be gentle..

did you install a bypass valve? What about an adjustable Fuel pressure regulator?
    91 LX HB 5 speed, 3.08's,BBK shorty headers, 2.5"catted H-Pipe, 2.5" Super Turbo's, Paxton Novi 1000 single belt F-150 crank pulley 2.75 blower pulley, bosch bypass, 255 Walbro, Areomotive FPR, 73MM C&L MAM otherwise stock.

SCH Member
    i have an adjustable, but no no by-pass.. paxton claims "u dont need one" does it make that big of a difference?

Junior SCH Member
    The Bypass made a HUGE difference for me. Everytime i let off the throttle, whether in boost or not, the car felt like it was going to stall. I had to peddle it at every light to keep the RPMs up. It got annoying really fast so after two days i put the bypass in and it idles like new. I've had no problems at all with the idle since.

SCH Member
    aight cool sounds like a plan.. can u tell me what kind i need ? and where i can find one? thanks for all the help one sick!

Dave please click on this thread:

http://www.novipower.com/forums/show...&threadid=1492

Do a search for "bypass" as there may be some updated info as far a sources that have the best price on the Bosch unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th