Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
opinions on this used kit

Thread: opinions on this used kit

Junior SCH Member

opinions on this used kit

I'm attaching an image of a used kit I am considering. This is for a cog setup. These brackets look pretty old. Does it look like a complete bracket? I know there is some stuff missing from the kit, but as long as the bracket is compeleteI think I'm going to bite on it.

What do you guys think?

Junior SCH Member
    pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

something doesn't match, the head unit is a straight discharge yet the discharge pipe is for a curved discharge passenger mount. The bracket I'm still trying to figure out.

Junior SCH Member
    He says he has the discharge tube, but it will ahve to be modified to fit this blower. I'm probably going to fabricate my own power pipes so thats not a big deal. I just want o make sure the bracket is o.k., and he's not selling me jsut a head unit and pulleys.

Rick

Welcome to the site Rick.

As with buying anything used, you have to be careful. I would suggest asking the seller for the serial number off the head unit and giving Paxton a call.

When you call Paxton ask for Kelly and see if he can look up the service history - better safe than sorry.

Good luck,

Ian

I imagine the price will be right on an older kit like this. How much is he asking? When you consider how much service costs for these units the 3-year warranty on a new model starts to look mighty attractive! I was dead set on buying a used S-Trim when i started pricing service that all changed.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

hmm the bracket looks like a passenger mount yet the blower looks like a driver side mount. This deal seems a little shady....
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Junior SCH Member
    He's asking $1,800. In my mind there is no way its worth that much. I can get a used head unit for $850, plus the bracket and pulleys, I'm probably going to offer $1200.

As long as the bracket is complete, with the correct idler, and adjuster then I can fabricate the inlet and discharge tubes.