Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ps pump pulley...do I need one

Thread: ps pump pulley...do I need one

ps pump pulley...do I need one

Okay, I have purchased the 8" crank pulley and the cobra water pump...am I going to have to purchase a power steering pump or am I okay? The guy at ASP didn't metion anything about that but I have been reading some stuff on it. What ps pulley do I need to purchase and where to get it? Thanks.

Oh, I forgot to metion that this is the 8 rib 2 belt system....if that matters.

I don't think you do if you had enough clearence with the belt before. Usually the only reason we change the ps pulley is because we moved the ps pump up and removed the ac and there was clearence issues. If you are just changing the cranks/wp pulley I don't see why you would need to...
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Well my ac is eliminated so does that matter?

celeste, should not be an issue. The only guys I have seen that changed their p/s pump pulley were the single belt ones. I believe that 468LC (steve) changed his to a larger p/s pulley to keep from overspinning it due to the larger crank pulley.

You should have no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Sean, I had to change my ps pulley because of the ac elim. it moves the ps pump up and it doesn't give the belt enough clearence. So I needed to get a bigger ps pulley, and cobra wp pulley. I have the new style Novi.

Like I said celeste if you had the belt installed before with the stock crank pulley and everything was fine. Well than by changing to a cobra wp pulley and a larger crank pulley that would make it so you have even more room for the belt than before.
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

thanks for all of the help