Thread: smaller blower pulley, sn93?

Senior SCH Member

smaller blower pulley, sn93?

have a sn93 with a 4.5inch pulley on there right now, looking to get a 3.5inch or so, the 4.5 only sees about 5lbs of boost, so i figure if u go for a 9lb pulley ill see around 7-8

is the pulley blower specific, or can i get an 8rib 3.5inch pulley?

just make shure you run a oil cooler for the sn93 or you will burn it up!

Mike
    http://mysite.verizon.net/mikeymustang/index.htm
    NEW BEST 9.66 @141.02 best mph 141.73 mph!
    AEM tuned by ME!

http://www.mikeymustang.com

Senior SCH Member
    the sn93 isnt doesnt run with an oil line, its self contained

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    What was being said is you need the Paxton Oil cooler and you will get no place with a 3.5" pulley. The Max pulley size that you will be able to use because of belt rap is 4.25" or it will slip. I would use the 4.5" and a 7" crank and that might get you 8psi peak at around 5200 rpm so a stock motor is usually out of steam by 5600 rpm. The cooler unit pumps fluid from the dip stick hole to a transmission cooler and back to the dip stick. Comes with a 6psi fuel pump that is universal. I run and race a VR4 which pushes 1350cfm of air at 8 psi and that is with a 4.5" and a 7" crank pulley. Any SN model pushes 825 cfm of air which means to you anything over 6psi you are super heating the air because the trans fluid is heating up and causing the inlet air to rise and is causing the supercharger to force very hot air into the motor. Detonation at a low boost level will happen which causes you to lower your timing which causes loss of horsepower. In short keep the pulleys but cool the trans fluid and your 6psi will be like 8psi because you can raise your timing because of lower inlet temperatures.