Thread: 4 cyl conversions? worth the trouble?

4 cyl conversions? worth the trouble?

Would it be worth it guys? You have to change the harness, brakes, rear, dash, well, almost the whole damn car. Is it worth the extra trouble? Compared to shopping for a coupe until I find somthing.

Anyone know of a good site for the swap? parts list? yada yada. Just somthing I've been giving a little thought.

What about roller cars?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Come to Canada and get your new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

SCH Member

4 cylinder cars..

I may be picking one up for a parts car. Still somewhat decent, and I plan to keep it on the road- Just gonna swap out some of its pieces for those on my convertible.

Had a friend who built a big block (460) Moose-tang out of an 87 Notch that had been originally doomed as a 4 cyl Automatic car. Perfect candidate- cheap with a disposable drivetrain, which all needed to go anyway. Kept the 7.5 rear in it, until it shredded. Surprisingly, the rear lasted a year under beating.

I've got a 5.7 liter in a 92 Fireturd (no offense to you Firebird guys- I like 'em, but you gotta see this thing- it really is a flaming piece of shite') which serves the sole purpose of being a tool shed for my outdoor projects (and my weedeater). Saw some place on the 'net where they sell K-members to drop small block Chevy's into Fox bodies. Been contemplating this blasphemy.

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    i have done a conversion on one(not the dash or rear end) for a buddy . not that big of a deal.. i would have done the rear end, but the guy wanted to see how long it would last(cowboy). i have been contemplating doing this to transform my vert, but i am really intrigued by a 94 GT at the moment, which might become a really cool racecar. not sure of how much work to get it to accept my motor/computer, but i think it'd be fun!
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

If you can get a killer deal on a really clean machine than of course it's worth it. But if it's rough (not that you salt the roads in OK) i wouldn't bother.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Ok, my two cents. I would only buy a 4 cylinder if it was in immaculant condition and if I was going to make it primarily a race car that may see occasional use on the streets to "play"

Otherwise, I would keep looking for a nice 5.0 coupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th