Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
36's seem way too rich

Thread: 36's seem way too rich

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar

36's seem way too rich

I put in 36lb inj and it is way too rich. I tried all different pressures and it don't change.(yes i changed the MAF meter) I guess i'm going back with my 30lb inj.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Frank that doesn't make sence.

I have 36 lb inj. and a 75mm MAF and a 70mm throttle body. I run my fp at 42 with vaccuum off

I can't see why your car runs rich. I have a chip, but do you really think that would make that much of a difference in it? I think some of the guys here run 42's and they don't have a chip so I don't think thats why I don't have a problem and you do.
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Frank, what maf are you running?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I have a FRPP 70mm MAF meter. I can't figure it out , it don't make sense at all. I think i have enough performance stuff that it would not run rich at idle, idleing in gear it is smoking black smoke and my rich/lean guage is way over on rich. Any other ideas, could the MAF be bad or mis-calibrated. How would it run if it was calibrated for 30lb injectors and it actually had 36lb injectors in it ?
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana

Like crap! It wouldd send the signal for x amount of voltage and the injectors would put way more in than you need.

i have a 76C&L for sale...hint hint...really though my 42's idle fine so it must be a maf issue.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Originally posted by regattacoupe
    Like crap! It wouldd send the signal for x amount of voltage and the injectors would put way more in than you need.

i have a 76C&L for sale...hint hint...really though my 42's idle fine so it must be a maf issue.

Is it for 36 lb inj. ? How much shipped to 34207 (bradenton,fl.)
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana

It seems like my car boggs now when i slam the accelerator down, then all of a sudden it goes. I set my pressure to 40 w/ no vacuum.
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana

Frank check your MAF plug connector, mine used to do that with a broken plug that would back itself out. Run like crap till about 3500 and then take off like a raped ape :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Do the usual checks and make sure i'm not selling you somehting you don't need. I have the aluminum inlet with the N20 boss with the meter but you don't have to purchase that as you won't need it. I have the whole thing on corral for 140 but i'd sell it minus the tube for 120 shipped. You'd have to get the right flow tube for you're injectors from holcomb's or somewhere that deals with C&L. Clock it between 2 and 3 oclock and it shouldn't surge.

Like it was said earlier. If you don't have your MAF calibrated for the same size injector, its gonna run like crap. You always need to have MAF calibrated for the exact injector size you are running. I would advise to go with a Pro-M calibrated for 36 lb. injectors w/a supercharger calibration added to it. The supercharger calibration tricks the computer to add a little more fuel at the top end.