Thread: Which intake?

Which intake?

I already have a Holley systemax lower. Should I go Reichard or Hogan upper? Or would I be better off to get a CHP Spyder?
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts
    Kooks, Reichard, SDS Motorsports & Innovate LM-1 dealer.

Car info> http://93cobra.itgo.com

My best friends car (408, YS trim, NOS) car gained 35rwhp when he switched from his Hogan box to a Reichard racing bix. They were back to back passes with no other changes made. In all fairness, his car makes a tad over 1000rwhp, so the difference between a lower hp car would probably be neglegible. The Hogan is prettier in my opinion, and his old intake looks really good on my car:D

Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Wow, that is good info. The only problem is that I am a Reichard dealer and have had one ordered since early July, I have just about given up on getting it. Maybe, I will wait a little longer before I give up completely.
    I hate to make projections, but I have not cut any corners building this car yet. So hopefully will be in the 750-800 hp range before it is all said and done.
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01
    New combo: Keith Craft 331 R-block, YSi, Brodix, Kooks, Reichard, Dynamic, Wolfe etc, etc...

Y3K Performance Parts

Many big cubic inch, or big HP guys love the Spyder intake - you should consider that as well for sure!

The Reichard is a killer looking price, but it is not much good on order :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    The vortech mondo box upper did pretty good in every test I'm seen. Trickflow box upper may be out soon.
    MIKE
    Mike Sellars
    92GT,
    408ci of Procharger D2R intercooled power.
    8.96 @ 156mph, 8.72 @ 160mph with a small shot of nitrous.

Ahh, decisions...decisions. Yep, I just saw some pics of the new TF at the corral. I liked it at first, but the more I looked at it, the uglier it got. Probably just me, though.
    I talked to Reichard and he may have one for me next week. If not, he said they will be making more in January.

Doug, were those runs on a dyno? If so, how was the Reichard under the curve, I was told it would have more mid-range power than a Hogan.
    93 Cobra #2161
    MMFF feature July '01

Y3K Performance Parts