Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My other hobby.

Thread: My other hobby.

My other hobby.

Well I enjoy racing cars allot but about 3 years ago I bought my first home and was unable to afford the large cost of high performance cars and drag racing. I still had the need for speed but my pockets were filled with lint. I thought to myself "What can I do"

I ran across these little motorcycles called Pocketbikes on the internet. Other than having a dirtbike when I was 13 I didn't know jack about riding a motorcycle period, More less race them.

The fact remained that I was astounded when I saw them and had to have one. I ordered my first one and not long after I started racing them. This all started back in 2000 and today I am the Open GP Champion on the circut. I have a nice sponsorship deal and a ton of fun on these little machines.

I have rubbed elbows with many of big bike racers who also enjoy racing pocketbikes and made allot of good friends throughout the US and abroad. My racing these days involves allot of traveling but it's all worth it.

You can visit my website at www.minipimpracing.com for more stuff. Currently I am updating the site for 2003 but there are a allot of video's on there and they work. I have attached some pictures since my pic section isn't available yet.:D

Razor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.
    Dyno: 496 RWHP. & 422 RWT. (SAE Corrected)
    MY WEBSITE: Click Here
    ww.ModularFords.com -4V Forum Moderator

This is me doing what I call a "Heel Clicker Endo". Looks fun huh? :D
    2001 Cobra #719
    MODS: Vortech S-Trim, Aftercooler, Mini Race Bypass Valve, AFM Power Pipe, 90m.m. LMAF, 42# Injectors, Superchips Chip, 03 Cobra Fuel Pump, Trunk Mount Battery, Auto Meter Gauges, Solid Axle Swap, 4:10 Gears, O/R H-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Mac Subframe Connectors, D/S Safety Loop, McLeod Clutch, Steeda Sport Springs, Moser 31 Spline Axles, Eaton Posi, Granatelli Upper & Lower Control Arms, AFS 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels (17x9, 17x10.5), 315/35/17 Nitto DR's.

Some of my fellow racers getting down at an indoor track.
    2001 Cobra #719

This follow up shot to the last one shows "TripleXXX" in the early stages of a crash.
    2001 Cobra #719

Here's a pic so you can get a better idea of the lean angle we use on these little bikes. That is a grown adult in front and right behind him is a 13 year old boy.
    2001 Cobra #719

This is probably one of the coolest crash pics out there. The Crasher is a friend of mine and an excellent racer.
    2001 Cobra #719

Junior SCH Member
    looks like fun. how fast are they?

Started life 06/10/94 SVT Cobra #2765.

Mods: S-trim(10-11psi), Pro-M 80mm mass air, A9L processor, 30#injectors w/ FMU, aeromotive boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator, Edelbrock heads*new*(1.90/1.60), B-303 cam w/ stock 1.7 cobra rockers, Probe Inndustry 7" balancer, Griffin aluminum 3 core radiator, Mac unequal-lenght shorties, o/r h-pipe, Mac cat back, MSD 6AL and boost retard, Taylor battery relocation.

Driveline: Tremec TKO w/ Hurst shifter, SPEC stage II clutch, aluminum drive-shaft, lakewood safety-loop, 3.55 gears.

Supension:Steeda lowering springs (cut 1/2coil front, 1/4 rear), Tokiko blue shocks and struts, sub-frame connectors, Steeda caster/camber plates.

Appearance:Y2K silver R's, Phantom boost, and electronic fuel pressure guages(both hidden), replaced tan carpet w/ black, Pioneer head unit, direct amp and two 10" audiobahns.

Old Dyno#'s w/ GT-40 heads and not tuned 410/400. Car had 12* base timing and the A/F was 11.0 at 3500 and kept getting richer higher in the revs.

New #'s *comming soon* with 42# injectors and a tune. Expecting 500.

Senior SCH Member
    how much do they cost
    --
    93 GT

Originally posted by blown94
    looks like fun. how fast are they?
    Well this question comes up allot with guys looking to buy one. The actual answer to this is very simple even though allot of websites stretch the truth.

We typically see from 42-50mph on the racetrack. It is all in the gearing and horsepower of the bike. You could easily have the bike do 70-80 mph by changing sprockets (Gearing) but it will take much longer for you to get up to speed.;)

Man these bikes are a blast and the racing is even more fun. I would compare their addictiveness to crack. Once you ride one you will be hooked!

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719

Originally posted by MoDo
    how much do they cost
    The New bikes go from $1250 for the entry level starter machine and top out at about $4500 for the top of the line racer. My current bike cost about $3000 retail. It started life as a 12h.p. full race machine but since I am a sponsored rider I have every go fast part you can buy. Combined with my tuning methods it has proven to be the fastest bike in the US right now.

I would estimate the value of my bike with all the go fast goodies at about $4000 right now. I am currently awaiting my new race bike for this year to be shipped from Italy and I am preparing my current race bike for sale. You can check out more bikes at my sponsors site www.pocketbike.com He carries all the hottest brands and is an exclusive dealer for 3 of them.:D

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719

Junior SCH Member
    Boy, I can picture myself on one of those...Being 6'3" tall and 300#, I'd have to be careful not to sneeze...It would suck that little thing right up into the old poop chute...LMAO!!!
    89 GT Convertible (AOD/A trim)
    87 LX Coupe (mostly stock)

Originally posted by rel3rd
    Boy, I can picture myself on one of those...Being 6'3" tall and 300#, I'd have to be careful not to sneeze...It would suck that little thing right up into the old poop chute...LMAO!!!
    Well 300#'s is pushing it on a pocketbike but I have seen it done. The typical heavywieght rider is in the 210-250 pound range. I noticed you were in Baltimore, If you would like to see this madness happen then let me know.;)

There are 2 event's coming up at a place called AllSportsGP ( www.allsportsgp.com ) wich is an indoor track located in Dulles, Va very close to Dulles airport. This coming Monday (Jan 6th.) from 7:30-9:30pm we are putting on a show for the Washington Post newspaper. It seems they have been hearing allot about us and want to do a feature in thier paper. Also on January 19th we will be having a big track day at the same place from 8:00am to about 12:00pm .

We typically have 15-20 racers on average show up for these events. This is the offseason and the indoor track is used mainly for us to have some fun in the offseason. Racers come from all over the US just to ride togeather. It really is crazy once you see it.:D

Razor.
    2001 Cobra #719

Originally posted by rel3rd

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!! :D
    1998 GT
    S-Trim
    DSS Forged Short Block
    PIs
    Murillo Tuned
    347hp 354ft/lb

Hmmm

Those look like a blast. It would be hard for me to imagine a 230 pounder on one of those. Sometimes I feel crunched on my Hayabusa. :D
    393 stroker with YS-trim Vortech :-)