Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bypass valves..

Thread: Bypass valves..

Banned by Admin

Bypass valves..

My new motor should be here by the end of the week. I'm planning on putting on the 2.95 before getting it re-tuned (I'd like alittle more boost 12-14), but I'm concerned about the by-pass valve. I am still using the bosch style that came with the S-trim kit, I was making 9-10 psi with the old combo, the new combo is only different in the sense that its all forged, and its a 327 not a 302, so I don't know what if any affect this will have on boost #s, if its seeing 12-14psi, should I go with a bigger by-pass? Which one etc.? And is it a must? Thanks guys.

-Rob

???

Not sure if this matters but a buddy of mine was running a 2.75 blower pulley on his totally stock motor (read lots of back pressure) car with the stock Bosch bypass and never had any troubles. We do however live at a mile high so don't see as much boost as those who live closer to sea level. So I believe you will be fine.
    Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Junior SCH Member
    I ran the stock bypass for a while putting out 13-15psi of boost. It worked fine, but I heard it's really only good for 10-12psi. I bought a higher rated Bosch valve (looks exactly like the one that comes with the kit) but it's rated higher and has brass innards. It's a model 110 where as the stock one is like a 102. You can get them at Saab, Audi, Porsche dealers and I've also heard they can be gotten at Autozone. They'll run anywhere from $25-$40 roughly

Here's the cheapest source I have found yet for the Bosch 110 unit. I plugged in part# 0280142110.

http://www.drivewire.com/Result/KEY0280142110.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member BlownWhite-SN95's Avatar
    Rob-

I was told not to use it for anything more than 10PSI. You can either break it, or it won't let off enough (boost) stress for the supercharger on decelleration.

Tarik

'92 Mustang GT
    (supercharged)
    Vortech S-Trim 12 psi
    H/E/MA/Fuel/Water Injection
    12.5@114mph
    60' 2.04 (street tires)
    Mod list, pics & timeslips

'95 Mustang GT
    (Nitrous)
    Headers/Cold Air Intake/Exhaust/Pulleys/3.73 Gears/Short Shifter
    13.4@106mph (small shot)
    Mod list, pics & timeslips
    NOW VORTECH V-1S @ 10PSI

Banned by Admin
    Yeah Tarik I figured to do it right I would need a bigger by-pass, I just don't want to spend another 200 buck if I don't have to.
    110 part # cool, 27 bucks...cooler, and I won't have to remake /cut and fab my powerpipe. Thanks guys.

I was running up to 18 psi with my stock bypass...the only reason I switched was because my YS came with the nice one.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage