Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: well, got the 90/10's & coilovers on....

I had coilovers on my old black gt, and hated them with the 90-10's. I had a problem with the springs rubbing the threaded collar. Never could get em isolated. I'll be reluctant to do it this time around. I think I am going to go with strange shocks and struts.

atleast somthing adjusable so I can stiffen it up on the street some. No corner carving, just cruzing.
    90 strawberry coupe

true brandon, they do rub the threaded collar. the only way i know this is cause i can see where the blue anodizing is rubbibg off, otherwise i would not have known. this is common with the coilover sleeves unles you get an isolator but most dont fit well between the spring. the only time i hear anyhitng is when i reach full height fast when hooking & everyhting "tops out" from pulling up so fat. other than that it feels more comfortable on regular street driving & 10 times better on launch( my biggest peve).....

-justin

WOW! WHAT DO SEE ON THE BRAKE? if it's not to sloppy on the rest of the way down the 1/4 let me know.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

brent, the cars not sloppy by any means! i think the car feels almost the same as my previous setup. great street mannors. hard braking doesnt dive like your thinking. its odd. you picture an old heavy caddillac with wornout springs dont ya? hehe......not at all. it lifts hard at the track with a perfect prepped conditions. but nothing od the same sort on the street........wish i could take you for a ride.....i would recommend it to anyone that wants the sam from thier car as i do........

-justin

the 1980 caddy is a good picture for those rear springs i was talking about. way too sloppy

very cool we're still talking about coming down this spring
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

great brent, we'll definately meet up then......

-justin