Thread: My winter layoff begins today!!!!!

My winter layoff begins today!!!!!

I thought I would share my joy with everyone. Today, my winter vacation begins!!!

For those that don't know, I work for a landscape contractor which is a seasonal job in snowy PA. From March until December, we work 6 days a week (55-60 hrs) with NO VACATION. It's tough to work that much without a vacation or even a two day weekend for that matter but when December rolls around, it's all worth it.

Now I get to sit on my duff and collect unemployment, which turns out to be more $$ than if I were to get a minimum wage winter job. If I begin to post whore alot, it's because i have WAY too much time on my hands.

Cheers and happy holidays!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

congrats on meeting your goal. LOL

yes i am envoyous.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Enjoy your time off Dan, I too will be off for the Winter months....wait actually I'm off most the year, lol :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member
    Congrats

I wish I could get a vacation, heck I have been doing the 55-60 hrs for almost 6 years now. And have been working 7 days a week for 3 years:( . And I get small times off, like only 3 days off. And that was to go to FFW.

But I do like my job and have work there for over 7 years now, close to home and pay is alright. I think thats pretty good since I'm only 23.
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Originally posted by musclestang89
    Congrats

I wish I could get a vacation, heck I have been doing the 55-60 hrs for almost 6 years now. And have been working 7 days a week for 3 years:( . And I get small times off, like only 3 days off. And that was to go to FFW.

But I do like my job and have work there for over 7 years now, close to home and pay is alright. I think thats pretty good since I'm only 23.
    I agree that working alot is a great thing but it starts to wear you down after a while, you know?

This time off will be used wisely. I bought a house in August and haven't had any time to do little home improvement projects until now.

Starting in mid-January I'm going to go in and work 2 or 3 days a week under the table so I don't go stir crazy in this house.

Musclestang89: It sounds like you have a very good job working at a place where you're happy. All that working will pay off sooner rather than later. I know first hand.
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Senior SCH Member
    Bum :D