Thread: bypass valve questions

SCH Member

bypass valve questions

..so I don't wanna spend $100-125 on a kit.

I know which valve I need. Now what else do I need (particularily connectors and tap size)? I'm running an aluminum power pipe that I need to tap into. I still use the Paxton tube that runs from the sorry a$$ GRP cold air intake (for all purposes, it was nothing more than a $140 PVC elbow) to the blower and the back of the Paxton piece looks like its tapped for one.. am I better off buying the $100 one from superchargers online or just piecing it together? I need to buy a tap too..'cos I don't have one that big.

Put together your own.
    Parts list is simple and cheap and can be had at any home improvement store and autoparts store.

You'll need about 1-1 1/2 feet of either 3/4" or 1" heater hose, take you bypass with you to the store and test fit.

4-5 ft of vacuum line, more or less depending on where you tie in for the vacuum source. If you run an FMU, then you can tee off of the line going to the FMU.

4 hose clamps for the heater hose.

(2) threaded nipples, one for the discharge tube, the other for the s/c inlet pipe. You can usually find these in the plumbing section at hardware store.

Appropriate size tap & drill bit for the alum discharge tube.

That's it :d No need to dop a $100 on a kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th