Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
So you think the heater core is a crappy job in a Mustang....

Thread: So you think the heater core is a crappy job in a Mustang....

So you think the heater core is a crappy job in a Mustang....

Try doing one on a damn VW Passat

That's what I spent my day doing yesterday, and to top it off the heater doesn't work work a crap I'm thinking I may have a thermostat stuck open. Anyways, the Germans have a completely different way of doing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Who needs heat in Texas??
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

On my Thunderbird, the A/C has to have the freon removed because the accumulator needs to be pulled. After that the centre console has to be pulled and then the whole dash to get access to the heater core. Full day or more in the garage for that job which is why I still haven't fixed it! 5 years and counting now!!! I only drive when it's warm so I don't miss it.

Everybody makes it sound worse than it really is. Don't read the books just pull the dash bolts out and pull...I left most of the dash in my car. The people that thought it was a big pain removed the dash...don't.
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

I just done the thermostat on my Passat. That was real fun....ha ha ha

The dash is easy to get out it is not all that bad to do the heater core.

Quote Originally Posted by TFS408YS
    I just done the thermostat on my Passat. That was real fun....ha ha ha

The dash is easy to get out it is not all that bad to do the heater core.

Great that next on my to-do list, it's just not heating up good and hasn't for some time. The car barely hit 170-175 degrees and takes a while to get to that, so I'm thinking the thermostat is stuck open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Great that next on my to-do list, it's just not heating up good and hasn't for some time. The car barely hit 170-175 degrees and takes a while to get to that, so I'm thinking the thermostat is stuck open.
    Yep that is what mine was doing. Not the heater gets hot in about a mile and a half.

I removed my heater core and I started doing it from under neath... without removing the dash........ well I didn't get very far.. I was able to remove the fan, but I got nowhere near the heater core. I had to remove the dash. Even after removing the dash I couldn't get the whole cluster out! I had to take the bolt out of the frame for the dash and move it a few inches. Now I thought that would have been a major pain if I was to change one...

Omg
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)