Thread: M/T ET Streets or BFG Drag Radials

SCH Member

M/T ET Streets or BFG Drag Radials

Guys,Im quite frustrated trying to make a decision between the two tires. Iv read many post on this topic and it seems there are many different opinions regarding which tire to use on the street. Im looking for a set of sticky tires for my 7in Pony Wheels.
    1. M/T ET Streets 26x10.5x16
    or
    2. BFG Drag Radials 255x50x16

The car is not a daily driver,its a weekend car and will see the track maybe once a year.
    Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!!!
    1993 Mustang LX 5.0

Engine:
    1993 Mustang LX 5.0

Paxton Novi2000 12psi
    Trickflow Track Heat Heads
    Trickflow Street Heat Intake
    Trickflow Stage 2 cam
    Scorpion 1:6 RR
    70mm BBK TB
    80mm Pro-M Shorty
    PowerPipe
    42# Injectors
    BBK 1 3/4 Long tube
    Flowmaster Catback
    Crane HI-6/PS2 Coil
    Every other Bolt on available

518 RWHP 478 FT-LBS Torque

I would have to say the ET streets hands down. I have a set on my car and absolutely love them. I run about 15psi on the street with them, and have minimal tire spin. Granted I may not be putting down the most horsepower in this forum, but they are great tires. I have a buddy who ran the BFG's and liked them, but said they just didn't hook that good for him on the street. Plus, nothing like seeing the car in the parking lot, with bald tires, and wrinkles on the sidewalls :D :D :D

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

Personally I chose the bfg's due mostly to the fact that I do drive more on the street than the track.I beleive if rain ever becomes a factor the bfg's are going to handle better.When it comes to handling(the odd curve or corner) the fact that the dr's have a little stiffer sidewall and traditional radial construction should make them superior in that department aswell.The way my rearend moved around with M/T'S @ 100 mph was a little uncomfortable.
    As far as them not hooking on the street.I have read posts to that effect but I would say that these tires need to be heated to be effective,nothing a quick little burnout wont fix :D They're on track performance speaks for themselves,hell there are classes and cars built around these tires,and after seeing Big Daddy Dwayne cut a sub 1.50 60 ft(900+hp)with my own eyes last summer on 325's well lets just say thats good enough for me.

Hope this helps ...Jim

I love drag radials and i plan on buying another set, but i also plan on having a set of Et streets or the hoosier dot just for fun ford and nmra because they have the big hook.
    Last edited by regattacoupe; 01-26-2004 at 08:47 AM.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    LOL well I hope this helped your decision
    1969 Mustang coupe. 428 FE NOS 10.30 at 130 mph. 1991 LX hatch 302, GT40X ported,Trickflow street heat,E-cam 1.7's, GFORCE T-5. 31 spline with 3.73's. Vortech V2-SQ with AFM powerpipe.Snow Performance Boost Cooler. Daily Driver 11.41 at 124.00. Now a 331