Thread: 24lb Inj + FMU good enough for 6-9lbs of boost?

Junior SCH Member

24lb Inj + FMU good enough for 6-9lbs of boost?

I am thinking of picking up an S trim or P600B, I was told two different stories, one was that I can stick with my 24's and run an FMU and be good up to 9lb's of boost, then on the other hand I was told I shouldn't deal with the FMU, and get 42lb injectors. What do you think I should do and what FMU should I get? I'll be happy with 6-9lb's. Thanks.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

Quote Originally Posted by glenn95gt
    I am thinking of picking up an S trim or P600B, I was told two different stories, one was that I can stick with my 24's and run an FMU and be good up to 9lb's of boost, then on the other hand I was told I shouldn't deal with the FMU, and get 42lb injectors. What do you think I should do and what FMU should I get? I'll be happy with 6-9lb's. Thanks.
    Both are fine. It's just that some out there think the FMU is a bandaid way of adding fuel. Others argue that the drivability will be worse off boost. From what I have heard the drivability is actually better with the bigger injectors so that is what I am trying. I am running pretty much a stock motor (had a F303 in the block when I got it) with little things like exhaust, rockers, Pro-M 77 and it runs great. Trying to get it to the dyno Friday to find out for sure what the A/F looks like. I will share.

Mike
    Drag Racing...Where being the quickest is considered a good thing. :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJay Racing
    Both are fine. It's just that some out there think the FMU is a bandaid way of adding fuel. Others argue that the drivability will be worse off boost. From what I have heard the drivability is actually better with the bigger injectors so that is what I am trying. I am running pretty much a stock motor (had a F303 in the block when I got it) with little things like exhaust, rockers, Pro-M 77 and it runs great. Trying to get it to the dyno Friday to find out for sure what the A/F looks like. I will share.

Mike
    looks like I will try the FMU route first, then have it dyno'd like you, to see how the car likes it, and if the car does not like it upgrade the MAF and Injectors later. Never hurts to do it that way. thanks, and let me know how your dyno goes.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

SCH Member
    I am new to supercharging also a little over a month ago. I started with 24's and a FMU the car ran great. I later swapped to 30's with a FMU and I am tunning that in they also work great
    1969 Mustang coupe. 428 FE NOS 10.30 at 130 mph. 1991 LX hatch 302, GT40X ported,Trickflow street heat,E-cam 1.7's, GFORCE T-5. 31 spline with 3.73's. Vortech V2-SQ with AFM powerpipe.Snow Performance Boost Cooler. Daily Driver 11.41 at 124.00. Now a 331

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stangs69-91
    I am new to supercharging also a little over a month ago. I started with 24's and a FMU the car ran great. I later swapped to 30's with a FMU and I am tunning that in they also work great
    thanks for the info. I am picking up my S Trim probably staurday.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim