Thread: FMU Bypass Q's

Junior SCH Member

FMU Bypass & T Rex Q's

I plan on bypassing the FMU on my car when install my blower, do I need to get anything special?

Also I bought a used S trim and it didn't have the T Rex. I have a 255 in tank, and will be going with 42lb injectors, will that be enough for 10lb's of boost?
    Last edited by glenn95gt; 01-31-2004 at 07:16 PM.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

Well assuming that have you have 36 or 42# injectors you would be fine.

Tell us alittle more about your set up.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Junior SCH Member
    AFR 165's Box stock
    Performer RPM Intake
    BBK LT matching O/R pipe
    MAC cat back
    Custom cam
    3:73's
    looking at running just 8lb's of boost. (Maybe) I'll be happy in the 11's.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

Senior SCH Member
    hey glenn. is your 255 a high flow pump? if not....i would probably get a inline 255 hi flow or a t-rex. i'm running a 255 and a t-rex and it supplies plenty of fuel for my 42's.

how come you just don't uninstall the FMU all together? when are you getting your car tuned?

Glenn, you shouldn't need anything special. Just don't install the FMU(or I won't ;) ).
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ray95
    hey glenn. is your 255 a high flow pump? if not....i would probably get a inline 255 hi flow or a t-rex. i'm running a 255 and a t-rex and it supplies plenty of fuel for my 42's.

how come you just don't uninstall the FMU all together? when are you getting your car tuned?
    The blower is not on the car yet, looking for two more items, 42lb inj. and a pro-m. I might send mine back to get it recalibrated. I think I will just try my 255 in tank for now, if that isn't enough I will add another.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

Senior SCH Member
    oh ok. then i wouldn't install it then. what size maf do you have? when i bought mine years ago, i got a great deal on a 77mm out of a 93gt. I sent it back and they recal'd it for my car and S\C no problem.

Junior SCH Member
    so the fox body air meters will work on our cars? or is it because you converted yours to the foxbody style. I was wondering because a lot of guys are offering me their air meter, but I wasn't to sure if it would work.
    306 H/C/I and an S-Trim

Senior SCH Member
    yup. you have to get it recalibrated though. i had mine recalibrated for a 95gt with an S/C and haven't had a problem with it at all.