Thread: Fuel Pressure Lost

Junior SCH Member

Fuel Pressure Lost

I have a Mustang GT 2003 with a Paxton Novi 1000 installed. I installed the new fuel pump and bigger injectors that came with the Paxton kit. The car runs great but when I start it after it has been stopped for a while (24 hrs) I have to crank it for 30 seconds before starting it to build the fuel pressure (or as the Paxton tech guy told me, to turn the key 3-4 times before starting it) . Is there a way to fix this ? Thanks for your help !

Maybe a dumb question but do you have any fuel leaks?

Junior SCH Member
    No, I don't have any fuel leaks from the injectors to the fuel pump in the tank.

Seems strange to have to prime it every morning. Maybe consider running a one-way valve after the pump? Try posting on a modular site and see if they have had a similar deal with people who have upgraded pumps. I don't know anything about Paxtons pumps for the newer returnless style fuel systems. Maybe thats what you have to do with the pump. We are trying to grow our modular userbase here, so recruit some people on any modular sites with blower cars here while you're at it!

Junior SCH Member

My $.02 worth

Hey buddy you say you installed a new fuel pump? In tank pump? Or are you talking an inline booster pump? Anyway, can you hear the pump in the tank pump when you first turn ignition to acc.? If so does it stop after a few seconds? If you can't hear it check your stock pump relay.

If you can hear it and it continues to pump, I would try pinching off the return line.
    If it stops then, you may have a problem with your fuel control unit or the stock fuel regulator.

This is how I would troubleshoot this problem.

JD