Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thinking of selling the stang, need opinions.....

will do brent, i heard nothing but good things about ed curtis. i see his name come up all the time in the "cam" threads on the mustang boards.........

thanx for understanding frank. keep me posted about your chip, im curious to hear the results!

-justin

Junior SCH Member
    Justin,
    I went through the same thoughts, nearly sold my car 2 times, then backed out. It turned into a car i did not want to drive everyday. Worried about it being stolen, too loud, wrong image etc.
    So i came to the conclusion at the end of the day you need 2 good cars. A toy, my 92 and a driver, my near stock 91 coupe. I could easily have purchased a newer ride but liked the foxes and the coupe is in great shape, easy to drive and stock (well nearly).
    I figured for my investment i would not sell for $10k or so, dont need the cash so I will keep the car for good and stop sitting on the fence (which was really getting old,sell one day keep it the next).
    Now i enjoy the toy when i want.
    hope you figure out what works best for you.
    cheers
    Mike
    1992 GT DECH, 331ci and S-trim

thanx mike,
    i do have another car. its a beater though. this was the problem. i was driving this crappy car everyday to/from work while my stang just sits all day. then id drive the stang on the weekends. it wasnt easy thinking of selling it! i was originally going to get back into payments & get me a nice truck to drive everyday. i knew if i got a truck i would end up doing stuff, lift kit/wheels/tires/exhaust, etc. thats just how i am! but then i thought if im going to get into payments i should sell the stang & get a car i can drive everyday & enjoy. anyways, im back to keeping the stang and am going to try to enjoy it again. i will eventually have to get another "nice car" as you mentioned to keep me happy while not in the stang!!

-justin

oh, by the way, im driving my wife nuts during the whle ordeal, lol!

-justin

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mygt8a4re
    thanx mike,
    i do have another car. its a beater though. this was the problem. i was driving this crappy car everyday to/from work while my stang just sits all day. then id drive the stang on the weekends. it wasnt easy thinking of selling it! i was originally going to get back into payments & get me a nice truck to drive everyday. i knew if i got a truck i would end up doing stuff, lift kit/wheels/tires/exhaust, etc. thats just how i am! but then i thought if im going to get into payments i should sell the stang & get a car i can drive everyday & enjoy. anyways, im back to keeping the stang and am going to try to enjoy it again. i will eventually have to get another "nice car" as you mentioned to keep me happy while not in the stang!!

-justin

I drive a crappy car too while my Mustang sits all week.

p.s. I bet mines crappier than yours.......lol :p
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

I drive an 01 S-10 xcab everyday I'm thing of buying an older truck just so i won't have to keep full coverage on it.

and get out of a payment
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D