Thread: combo's for 2001 GT

Junior SCH Member

combo's for 2001 GT

Hey there guys.. I currently have a 2001 GT with a 2003 Bottom end... I have a vortech sq trim with the 3.12 pulley and seeing around 12psi.. I want to upgrade and see more boost.. what are some ideas i could do.. My ideas were to find a new pulley setup.. from 6 rib to 8 ribs... or upgrade to t-trim? or go with a paxton novi 2000..?? and more thoughs or ideas.. Thanks guy..

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blwnstallion01
    Hey there guys.. I currently have a 2001 GT with a 2003 Bottom end... I have a vortech sq trim with the 3.12 pulley and seeing around 12psi.. I want to upgrade and see more boost.. what are some ideas i could do.. My ideas were to find a new pulley setup.. from 6 rib to 8 ribs... or upgrade to t-trim? or go with a paxton novi 2000..?? and more thoughs or ideas.. Thanks guy..
    You could upgrade to a trim and run a 2.9" pulley but I'd also recommend getting an intercooler and powerpipe as well. An 8 rib conversion isn't necessary unless your'e having some major belt slip issues.
    2003 Mustang GT

663 rwhp/507 rwtq

Junior SCH Member
    I already have the vortech aftercooler... and their air/water as well... I like the SQ cuz its quiet... keeps people guessing.. but i guess if i have to up grade i would go to the t-trim..But what good would running a different trim if i cant get the boost.. with only 91 octane it limits my boost...