Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
93 Cobra water pump pulley

Thread: 93 Cobra water pump pulley

Senior SCH Member

93 Cobra water pump pulley

I have the revised Novi 1000 w/ the 8" crank pulley, I have been told that with the 93 Cobra water pump pulley I will have more clearence b/t the tensioner and the factory water pump pulley, if this is true how much more clearence will I gain?

Thanks, Rusty

I've heard this is true but I ran it last year with the stocker and no probs. You just gotta make sure you get the longest belt possible on there. I think mine was 59 5/8? I'd have to look to be sure.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    did you ever have any prolbems with the tensioer hitting the water pump pulley, the reason I'm asking is b/c I have already shreaded a belt, the tensioner is new, I think my prolbem was that the belt streched, and it appears that the new one is stretching too. what would you guys do?

thanks, Rusty

Well when I had A/C and P/S i didn't really have a problem with belt stretch but i had to shim the tensioner a little for proper alignment. I went to the lincoln setup when I took all the acc's off.

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot...cat=500&page=1
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

you may just need a shorter belt though.

Senior SCH Member
    so is there any reason why I should or should not try the 93 cobra water pump pulley? I love that set up, I wish that set up would work with all of the acc's

I can't think of one. Are they supposed to speed the waterpump up? I might get one just for that since my 8" crank has the underdrive acc pulley.

I had a issue with the tensioner hitting the water pump pulley! Reason being is because I had a a/c delete kit on there which moved the power steering up. It didn't move it up quite high enough as the a/c was! After installing the cobra wp pulley it still hit, but it helped... So I had to get a 7" power steering pulley off of I think it was a ford 3.2 or somthing. Than everything worked out fine...

Just my 2c
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Senior SCH Member
    I know for a fact that the 93 cobra is a smaller diameter pulley, so I would say that with a smaller pulley it sould cool better than stock.

Senior SCH Member
    I was getting ready to buy one but i figured I'd would ask a see if anyone has tried this before, so I guess that I'll probably end up getting a 93 cobra water pump pulley and trying it out.