Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What to do !!!!!

Thread: What to do !!!!!

Junior SCH Member

What to do !!!!!

ok, i just finished installing my novi 1k on my 89 coupe, motor is all stock besides headers, now what all do i need to run 10 psi, i also have a power pipe that i picked up with the blower but have yet to install, this is my summer car and dont realy have a whole lot of money left after buying the blower, and pipe, and i just purchased a PA supercomp c4 transmission and a B&M hammer shifter, plus im working on ordering drag springs, struts and shocks, with some new DR's. list what ill need for fuel, ignition, also what size injectors, Mass air meter, and what engine mods i should do, like intake, cam, stuff like that and the expected power/ times i could expect from this car, any help would greatly be appreciated.

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 89ntrcptr
    ok, i just finished installing my novi 1k on my 89 coupe, motor is all stock besides headers, now what all do i need to run 10 psi, i also have a power pipe that i picked up with the blower but have yet to install, this is my summer car and dont realy have a whole lot of money left after buying the blower, and pipe, and i just purchased a PA supercomp c4 transmission and a B&M hammer shifter, plus im working on ordering drag springs, struts and shocks, with some new DR's. list what ill need for fuel, ignition, also what size injectors, Mass air meter, and what engine mods i should do, like intake, cam, stuff like that and the expected power/ times i could expect from this car, any help would greatly be appreciated.

I'll suggest 42lb injectors, 255 pump, msd6al, vortech boost retard, 80mm pro-m.
    I personally love the Holley Systemax 2 intake for boost.
    A Bosch by-pass valve is a must also.
    You didn't list what converter you have but you'll need at least a 3500-3800 stall.
    you didn't say what heads you have so i'll assume they're stock......that will be you BIG bottle neck if they are.
    If you buy all this and With slicks and if you leave without fear (of breaking your car) with your stock heads, I'll say very low 12's.

Good luck and "Welcome to this cool and informative site ! :D
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Junior SCH Member
    forgot to mention, it already has a Bosch bypass valve,