Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP :( plz

89ntrcptr, just out of curiosity, where do you live, and what is your elevation? I know when I first installed my kit, I was only seeing about 4psi. I am at 3,900' and the track is at 4,100'. The thin air definately makes a huge difference. When I installed my 2.75" blower pulley and powerpipe, I didn't even get a full psi out of it. It took me installing the F-150 pulley to get that thing close to 7psi on a nice day. Other than that.....

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

Junior SCH Member
    well never realy thought about that, but i live in southern MN, i believe the elevation is 1,162 surveyed, that sound right? so this wouldnt be the prob correct?

no, to me thats not enough to be causing the lack of boost you are seeing. You sure you have checked all your connections, making sure there are no leaks anywhere?

Chris
    Elevation kills boost!
    LX = 13.47 @ 102.49, 1.80 60', at 6900' DA
    Cobra = 12.82 @ 109.25, 1.98 60' at 5400' DA

Junior SCH Member
    checked everything, no leaks, is it possible i have the boost gauge hooked to the wrong spot, i hooked it to the vacum tree on the drivers side firewall/

Junior SCH Member
    well today i tightend the belt even more, took it out, 1st gear with the c4 auto, nail it, tach jumps instant 5psi sliding all over, 2nd gear still spinning 5 psi, then 3rd noticed a hint of detonation so i backd out of her and put it away for the day, Im just so glad its workin now, also i removed the screen in the stock maf, could this be why i got the boost?

screen should have no effect on boost amount. sounds to me like you found your culprit. if you found 2 more psi from tightening the belt than that was one of your major problems. what rpm are you guaging your boost at? pick an rpm & stay with it while checking boost #'s. whats your max rpm? whats your max boost at this rpm? are you noticing any boost fluctuation?

-justin

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mygt8a4re
    screen should have no effect on boost amount. sounds to me like you found your culprit. if you found 2 more psi from tightening the belt than that was one of your major problems. what rpm are you guaging your boost at? pick an rpm & stay with it while checking boost #'s. whats your max rpm? whats your max boost at this rpm? are you noticing any boost fluctuation?

-justin
    tell ya the truth i never realy payed attention, had to watch the tach cuz it kept wanting to fly well past 6k very quick, but it seems like u have to be in a low gear b4 i can make boost, like if im in D and at 2,500 it dont realy make boost, have to drop it down and nail it and then i get the boost

yes, thats correct. you have to spool up the blower hard(high rpms) to make compressed air. try checking your boost level at a particular rpm from here on out. its easier to see as you are in a higher gear(3rd) since the rpms move up slower. floor it in 3rd when rolling & let the boost build slowly. this is the best way to see it climb fairly slow & monitor it. check to see if its fluctuating & be sure it stays consistent at that rpm............tighten the belt even more, lol! i bet you cn get another psi or so out of it! they also make a good belt sticky spray just for this reason. really helps with the single belt units............

-justin