Thread: Just bought an SQ-trim, need help installing BTM with already installed 6AL

Junior SCH Member

Just bought an SQ-trim, need help installing BTM with already installed 6AL

I already have the 6al installed with the msd harness. I need to add the Vortech/BTM but I don't no how to hook it up and I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere that includes both the 6AL and the BTM for a mustang. Can someone help me out with this?? Thanks

SCH Member
    call msd I tried hooking mine up following online directions and it didn't work and fried the MSD. I have to send it in for repairs now :(
    1969 Mustang coupe. 428 FE NOS 10.30 at 130 mph. 1991 LX hatch 302, GT40X ported,Trickflow street heat,E-cam 1.7's, GFORCE T-5. 31 spline with 3.73's. Vortech V2-SQ with AFM powerpipe.Snow Performance Boost Cooler. Daily Driver 11.41 at 124.00. Now a 331

To add the BTM: 1. Run the black wire from the BTM to a good ground. 2. Remove the wire connected to the white wire of the 6AL and connect it to the white wire of the BTM (coil -). 3. Now connect the yellow(or orange) wire of the BTM to white of the 6AL. 4. Tee the red wire of the BTM into the red wire of the 6AL (the smaller gauge one that is connected to the coil +). That should be it!

Option 2: Plug the BTM Mustang harness inline prior to the 6AL Mustang harness. (Stock wiring to BTM adapter to 6AL adapter to coil)
    Last edited by darknotch; 03-19-2004 at 07:42 AM.
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

Junior SCH Member
    Thankyou very much.