Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Has anyone had this problem

Thread: Has anyone had this problem

SCH Member

Has anyone had this problem

OK guys right now i am having a few problems with my set up and i have only had my blower for about 4 months.

1. when the car is in 3rd or 4th and i get on it around 3000 rpms it acts like the fuel cuts out. kind of like i am patting the peddel but it picks right back up and it does that about ever 500 rpms until i shift. I dont feel it do it in 1st and 2nd but I have a 373 gear so the rpms increase so fast i cant tell if it is doind it.

2. I have oil that apears to be coming from the blower pulley being slung on the hood and on the air filter cover. I am guessing it is coming from the front seal. Does anyone think i should take the blower off and send it back to paxton.

3. The Check engine light comes on after i have been driving the car for a while. It comes on and stays on. Does not matter if i get on it or not, it will come on if i am just driving normal or if i get on it. It has came one at a stop light and wild riding down the road. When i had it tested to see what code it was throwing it said it was rich so I unhooked the FMU and that didn't help.

Any suggestions on fixing the problems? I am about ready to sell the damn thing (the blower) b/c i have had nothing but problems w/ the car since i put it on.
    93 5.0 LX Silver Coupe w/ chorme pony's on nitto drag radials. Mods: NOVI 1000, 8"crank, Performer Inake, 70mm TB, 75mm PRO-M, 24lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, adj. fuel pressure regulator, eql headers, off road H-pipe, flowmasters, 373 gear, electric Fan, ect. Stock Long Block.
    http://www.partyclemson.com/photo_photo.aspx?user=25599&photo=37926

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by silverstang93
    OK guys right now i am having a few problems with my set up and i have only had my blower for about 4 months.

1. when the car is in 3rd or 4th and i get on it around 3000 rpms it acts like the fuel cuts out. kind of like i am patting the peddel but it picks right back up and it does that about ever 500 rpms until i shift. I dont feel it do it in 1st and 2nd but I have a 373 gear so the rpms increase so fast i cant tell if it is doind it.

2. I have oil that apears to be coming from the blower pulley being slung on the hood and on the air filter cover. I am guessing it is coming from the front seal. Does anyone think i should take the blower off and send it back to paxton.

3. The Check engine light comes on after i have been driving the car for a while. It comes on and stays on. Does not matter if i get on it or not, it will come on if i am just driving normal or if i get on it. It has came one at a stop light and wild riding down the road. When i had it tested to see what code it was throwing it said it was rich so I unhooked the FMU and that didn't help.

Any suggestions on fixing the problems? I am about ready to sell the damn thing (the blower) b/c i have had nothing but problems w/ the car since i put it on.
    Okay,

IMO I see a few problemos in your setup just by reading your post and sig that might be the cause of the problems you specified.

Looking at the mods listed on your sig:

93 5.0 LX Silver Coupe w/ chorme pony's on nitto drag radials. Mods: NOVI 1000, 8"crank, Performer Inake, 70mm TB, 75mm PRO-M, 24lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, adj. fuel pressure regulator, eql headers, off road H-pipe, flowmasters, 373 gear, electric Fan, ect. Stock Long Block.

BTW you mentioned in problemo #3 that you unhooked your FMU... So I am assuming that you have an FMU calibrated for your injectors (what is your calibration setup? Disc ratio in the FMU?)

In response to problem # 1: Remember, you have an 8" crank pulley which is going to be pulling more boost than a stock crank pulley as well as an f150 crank pulley and you need the right fuel system setup to not only compliment your newly founded added boost but to make sure you don't lean out and put a hole in one of your pistons or worse... Judging by the 8" crank pulley and 24# injectors w/an FMU setup you have, I must say that is not going to cut the mustard. As you are climbing in RPMS you are making more boost (power) and your applications demand for fuel INCREASES drastically (especially with the 8" crank pulley). Noting that you have a terrific fuel pump already (255lph intank), I would opt to say that you need to sell the 24#er's (and FMU) and step up to 42# injectors w/NO FMU. That way you will have a nice (safe) bigger sized injector and you can get a better tune out of it versus what you can do with an 24# injectors and an FMU.

Also, what is your TIMING set at? As well as the FUEL PRESSURE setting with vaccum off? What kind of SPARK PLUGS are you using and at what GAP? What octane of gas do you use? Ohh yes before I forget... your mass air meter, is it calibrated for 24# injectors? Remember that if you get bigger injectors you will need to upgrade your calibration setting for your mass air meter.

In response to problemo # 2: Do you have an Air Breather/Filter type cap for the valve cover on the passenger side as opposed to the stock one (no filter/breather)? If you do have the air breather/filter type cap (common one would be the ford motorsports breather), your car might be spewing oil from that bad boy while it is under boost, and believe it or not that sucker can sling oil everywhere. IF YOU DO NOT have one, are you positive that the oil is coming out of the front seal? Remove the air intake discharge tube (lower one) that is connected to the impeller side of the blower and look to see if there is any oil deposits or residue around the impeller area or the opening itself. Lemme know.

In response to problem # 3: Could be a heck of a lot of things setting your check engine light. Common could be fouled out spark plugs, bad o2 sensors, exhaust leak causing an error computer diagnostics reading, even an exposed/unshielded K&N air filter pulling un-metered air causing a check engine light and even a funky idle. The list above are the most common fubars that I can think of just off the top of my head.

I will let Sean and the others interject any IDEARSSSS to add to the kettle

I hope we can help you solve your car problems!

Lemme know man! Hope this helps.

-Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 03-16-2004 at 02:01 AM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

SCH Member
    The fmu is calibrated for 19lb injectors thats why i unhooked it,i was running very rich. The mass air meter is a pro-m set for 24lb injectors. I do have a breather but i am finding the oil in a thin line across the hood where the blower pully is and on the air filter cover so i know for sure that the oil is being slung off the blower pully.

SCH Member
    sorry i fogot the plugs are 24s

Smile

np, what about the other stuff I mentioned? :)
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 03-16-2004 at 02:45 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

[ sold... ]

Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

SCH Member
    sorry the fuel pressure w/ the vacume on is 41 but i am not sure w/o the vacume and the timing is at 10 deg.

SCH Member
    i am going to take off the pipe and check for oil on thursday. life is going to be a little busy until then.

I hear ya brother, keep us posted!

-Chris
    Chris...

[ sold... ]

I am going to lean towards to things...

1. Your mass air meter, something is not right with that!

2. Vacum leak possible, maybe the higher rpm and the load is causing something to come loose, take your mass air meter and flip it upside down...

lets go from there.

K.

SCH Member
    well the check engine light is coming on b/c its "lean" or at least that is what the machine said. so put the fmu back on (calibrated for 19lb injectors) and i have 24lb injectors and a 255lph fuel pump w/ my fuel pressure at 42lbs w/ the facume on and it still reads lean so i think its the O2 sensor. The oil is showing up more on the hood and the air filter cover and its on the blower pulley so i think it a seal leak. I am still unsure why my car is hesitating, it may be b/c of the O2 sensor but i am going to take it to the dyno either next sat. or the next.