Thread: elec fan install where does coolant overflow go?

elec fan install where does coolant overflow go?

installing the ramchargers dual electric fan. need to find a spot to put the coolant overflow. where did you guys mount your on and off switch inside of your car? oh and btw i busted 2 of the 4 bolts that go into the water pump pulley. any ideas for any of these questions... thanx
    -troy
    93 black gt

I used the shiny summit catch can (coolant overflow)

My switch is mounted where my radio used to be, you have endless possibilities here but you do want to use a "lighted" switch and put it somewhere you can see it so you don't accidently leave it running, unless you wire it to only work when the key is on.

Those two bolts, you'll have to drill them and then use an E-Z out unless there is enough to grab on to with a pair of vise grips or be able to cut a slot with a dremel in the protruding bolt and then use a screwdriver to remove. Either way will be a major PITA with the pump installed. If you decide to pull the pump, just forget the bolts and buy you a lifetime warranty pump from Autozone or the like, $30 bucks is well worth not having to remove two broken bolts, lol.

Good Luck Troy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

I put my overflow(about the same deal that sean bought) in the inner fender torwards the front.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

i shall try to get the bolts out of the water pump...

but it is a new edelbrock victor water pump!!!!!! i don't want one from autozone or anywhere else!!!! darnit!!!! i hate this crap. thanx for any advice i will look up the E-Z out thing...
    -troy
    93 black gt