Thread: Best custom chip??

SCH Member

Best custom chip??

Can some one tell me who makes a good custom chip for a blower car? :)
    306 stock block, tfs aluminum heads and stage 1 cam, cobra intake home ported lower, 65mm t body, 42lb inj, pro m 80 mass air, V2 SQ 16 lbs 3.33 upper 8" lower, upr boost pipe, 373 gears,= 530 rwhp + 520 TQ 10.84@ 121mph while shifting 5th at the big end :teeth:

Where do you live?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

SCH Member
    In Ontario Canada
    306 stock block, tfs aluminum heads and stage 1 cam, cobra intake home ported lower, 65mm t body, 42lb inj, pro m 80 mass air, V2 SQ 16 lbs 3.33 upper 8" lower, upr boost pipe, 373 gears,= 530 rwhp + 520 TQ 10.84@ 121mph while shifting 5th at the big end :teeth:

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    http://www.fordchip.com/

Ex-Ford employees, Ford likes them enough to allow them to use the Ford name. [edit: I see they can reflash your processor as well as send you a piggyback chip]

Check their schedule on the website for a date near you, or get them to ballpark something by mail, then have them fine tune it at their closest dyno session.

Than again the twEECer is a nice pc of hardware if you want to try to roll your own...
    Last edited by fanglemeister; 03-05-2004 at 03:50 PM.
    Chris

SCH Member
    Thanks for the info

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    My JMS chip works pretty good.
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Senior SCH Member
    Isn't Sean Hyland in Ontario? I know they can burn a custom chip.

SCH Member
    Thanks guys I will look into Hyland and see what he can do.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fanglemeister
    http://www.fordchip.com/

Ex-Ford employees, Ford likes them enough to allow them to use the Ford name. [edit: I see they can reflash your processor as well as send you a piggyback chip]

Check their schedule on the website for a date near you, or get them to ballpark something by mail, then have them fine tune it at their closest dyno session.

Than again the twEECer is a nice pc of hardware if you want to try to roll your own...
    Or, better yet, get the SCT Pro Racer from modulardepot.com. It is made by the same guy (Jerry and Chris) that do fordchip.com and all of their programming goes into your "base" tune which you get via mail order. Then, you can customize it using your data logger and wideband, or dyno. THis is great if like me you are constantly adding new parts that would otherwise screw up a static tune.

JSN

blown5oh
    JMS chips are awesome. Chris Johnson is a genius and everyone knows Mike Wesley's the man when it comes to tuning. JMS chips got my vote.

From what I understand about JMS chips is that Chris Johnson partnered with Superchips and developed a new chip called Superships Custom and has franchised it all over the country. I think JMS still has autologic chips but are pushing the new Superchips Custom. I have heard very good things about their dyno tunes but they are way down in southern Alabama.

I also read somewhere that Mike Wesley of Autologic fame partnered with Diablo and they are coming out with, or may have already come out with a new chip as well.

And probably one of the best dyno chip tuners in the country in my opinion is Lido Iacobelli from Alternative Auto Performance in Mt. Clemens, Michigan. That's not far from Canada. I'd go there if it wasn't 1000 miles from my home.
    Rob Ippolito
    1990 Mustang LX

SCH Member
    Thanks again guys. It seems I have some thinking to do.