Thread: power pipe ?'s

power pipe ?'s

i talked to anderson on their power pipes for the single belt novi and they said that their pipe wont work in my car because of how close the supercharger is to the motor, they said that the radius of the elbow wont work-so im pissed and confused

im confused because there is a guy running around here with the single belt novi and the anderson power pipe-what the f**k-how can that guy get the only one in the world that fits

anyways im now looking for power pipes that will fit my car

anybody got any suggestions for me

thanks in advance
    scott
    slow-gt
    306-novi 1000(single belt baby)- afr185's- anderson b-21 cam, sheetmetal intake, d&d k-member :blob: - soon to be "re"completed- 475rwhp before new cam - gunning for 10's with the novi :freaks:

apv, you can trim that rubber elbow. ;)
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

see thats what i thought just trim the elbow and hack the fenderwell but the guy at anderson said that there was no way it will fit with the single belt set up- i just dont know anymore

does anybody on here have a single with the anderson power pipe

thanks in advance
    scott
    306-novi 1000(single belt baby)- afr185's- anderson b-21 cam, sheetmetal intake, d&d k-member :blob: - soon to be "re"completed- 475rwhp before new cam - gunning for 10's with the novi :freaks:

I used a Dallas Mustang power pipe on my single 1K, and Chuck used a Morpheus on his. The Morpheus had to be cut in half and turned around but it did work.

I would say the Anderson would fit. It will require mods though. Anderson is telling you no because they do not want you to call up and complain when it does not fit.

Ian

ok that would make sense on there part

allright then im gona get on the phone and order one

thanks
    scott

No problem Scott. When you call up and order tell them Ian from StangTuning sent you. They support the StangTuning site and maybe can cut you a deal..

Ian

I just picked up a Novi1000 kit and i've got a 92 Mustang GT. I was thinking of ordering a power pipe. Will i have to make modifications to make it fit???

I'm new to this centrifigal supercharger stuff so go easy on me :D

Thanks

I would say that all the "power-pipes" avail. on the market will require a little trimming here or there to get them to fit.

That's just my opinion though :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    i have an anderson on my car with the n1k single belt. just had to trim the elbow about an inch, and run a little bit of tubing to get the bypass setup correctly. no big deal at all. they just sounded like they didn't want you putting it on your car and then calling them up to say "this doesn't fit"
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Great, thanks for the info guys! :)