Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
belt size ? with an 8" crank and stock blower pulley

Thread: belt size ? with an 8" crank and stock blower pulley

Senior SCH Member

belt size ? with an 8" crank and stock blower pulley

what belt length do I need for an 8" crank and stock s-trim pulley, its an 8 rib setup, also, where can I get one, part # if possible
    Thanks
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    MSD Coil 90/10 Front Shocks,
    50/50 Rear Shocks, 3.55 Gears,
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated
    Corbeau CR1 Racing Seats Cervini Cowl/Ram Air hood ,17" Cobra R wheels

Do a search under my username. I posted this before a few months ago. FWIW my combo is an 8" crank & 3.12 blower pulley. I posted the belt size/number. The last 3 digits of the belt part number is the size. Most auto parts stores either carry these or can order them for you.

Senior SCH Member
    i did a search under your user name, but nothing came up? also, I thought the s-trim came with a 3.33" blower pulley, or did you swap that out also?
    Thanks for the help, Greg
    93 Black coupe, JE Pistons, Cut and Polished Crank 10/10 Bearings, Ported Edelbrock Aluminum Heads, 42lb Injectors, Pro M 80mm Mass Air
    Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, Holley Systemax Intake, BBK Adjustable Fuel Regulator, 130 amp alternator
    1.7 Ford Motorsport Roller Rockers, Ford Motorsport E303 Cam,Aluminum Radiator, Electric Fan, MSD 6AL Ignition- MSD 6BTM Boost Retard
    BBK Long Tube Headers, SouthSide Machine Lift Bars, Sub Frame Connectors, Built T-5 with Cobra Gearset 3:35, 255lph Fuel Pump
    T-Rex inline fuel pump
    Vortech S trim Supercharger,Vortech Aftercooler, Flowmaster CatBack Exhaust, Optima battery relocated

Yes i swapped out my stock blower pulley. I was able to find the post I referenced earlier, but I posted the stock blower belt size, not the size I need/use now.

Senior SCH Member
    was that the stock pulley with the 8" crank pulley you found? If so, what was the length, that is what I am looking to run now
    T-Rex inline fuel pump

I was running the 3.12 blower pulley with the stock crank pulley. As far as the blower belt goes, the stock belt for my s-trim (which is probably the same as your SQ) is 54.5 inches long. The belt is made by Dayco and the part# is

An 8" crank and 3.33 uses an 08565 (56.5") belt. The stock 08545 is too short for the 8" crank. You will probably also need a shorter accessory belt as the 8" cranks are normally underdriven.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage