Thread: 93 cobra water pump pulley

SCH Member

93 cobra water pump pulley

I have a cobra pulley F3ZZ-8509-A (on the box, but the pulley is marked F3ZE 8509-AA) and I noticed that it only has a lip on the back of the pulley, none on the front. Did I buy the right pulley?

Yes, you bought the correct pulley.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hella Good
    I have a cobra pulley F3ZZ-8509-A (on the box, but the pulley is marked F3ZE 8509-AA) and I noticed that it only has a lip on the back of the pulley, none on the front. Did I buy the right pulley?

I was kinda if'y myself when i got the part in also, but I went ahead and put it on and it works great...

SCH Member

93 Cobra pulley..the facts..

Quote Originally Posted by SlowRaptor
    I was kinda if'y myself when i got the part in also, but I went ahead and put it on and it works great...
    ..some misconception among many.. I guess SlowRaptor and I were the "lone ponies" on this one.

I found the the old pulley and measured it up against the 93 style Cobra pulley.. it is "SMALLER," therefore it "OVERDRIVES (spins faster)- just like a smaller blower pulley, which is what everyone wants, yeah?".

Ask Ian. he'll tell you, too.

You guys with the 8" pulleys and the Cobra w/p pulleys gotta be driving that poor water pump through the hood! Talk about overspeed! I burnt up a p/s pump on an F-150 pulley and chucked the whole thing for a manual rack!
    Last edited by Hella Good; 05-04-2004 at 10:03 AM.

I'm running the 8" crank and the cobra w/p pulley. No problems whatsoever with the waterpump or cooling system.