Thread: Re:FRPP 351 Sportsman block

Junior SCH Member

Re:FRPP 351 Sportsman block

I have a 383 stroker combo that i'm going to be running a Novi 2000 on and i'm wondering if anyone can offer me an opinion as to whether they think the 351 sportsman block with 4 bolt main conversion we'll be strong enough to handle up to 20psi of boost. i have a production block right now but can't do the conversion on that because it's too thin plus i don't really want to take chance with that block with a girdle. Would rather not go with a dart or svo block as my crank has the 3" mains versus the cleveland mains for the dart or svo. Plus i have have the 4 bolt conversion kit. i was told that it could be done with the sportsman block as it has thick main webbing and bulkhead. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen stock 351 blocks live in your horespower enviroment. The sportsman block is a decent and it will take some horespower. Why don't you shoot a PM to Novi357. He has a sportsman block and his car runs pretty good.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member
    i ran a 351 w svo block with 393 stroker kit in it with vortech s trim at 15 lbs.. it held up just fine till i sold it. you shouldnt have any problems.