Thread: My solution to track carnage

Senior SCH Member

My solution to track carnage

I've had enough race day car trauma that I've been reluctant to race anywhere too far from home. In the last week, I've found a solution to the problem. I think I have a road trip or two in my future :D

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot....php?photo=926

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/phot....php?photo=927

BTW - I'm new to towing vehicles. I have everything I need except one critical part - the tie downs. I have no clue what to use, or how to accomplish this vital function. All I know right now is that the tie down hooks are already installed on the trailer. Please help a lost soul. I need to know what the best way is to secure the car, and where to get the straps.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Senior SCH Member
    I picked mine up at Home Depot, the big yellow ones. I think they are the cargo tie downs rated for like 10,000lbs. Somthing like that. They were around $12-14 a piece. Very nice tie downs though.

Oh by the way, your stang looks sweet as hell. very nice.

Brandon
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Yup, get the big tie downs rated at 10k #'s, secure the back by running one strap over the rear axle and then tied down to the trailer. Up front loop it around the k-member and secure to the trailer. Should be good to go :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

When you tie down the rear, make sure you criss-cross the straps. This will keep the car tight on the trailer.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestang89
    Oh by the way, your stang looks sweet as hell. very nice.

Brandon
    Aww shucks - thanks Brandon. It's better from a distance. Sometime in the next year I hope to get a new paint job. This will probably happen when I pull the engine for the next powerplant (after the current one dies).
    Last edited by David Schwarz; 05-17-2004 at 10:19 AM.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    When you tie down the rear, make sure you criss-cross the straps. This will keep the car tight on the trailer.
    Thanks for the hint. Does this mean that the straps will be right next to the pumpkin?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Yup, get the big tie downs rated at 10k #'s, secure the back by running one strap over the rear axle and then tied down to the trailer. Up front loop it around the k-member and secure to the trailer. Should be good to go :D
    I have a tubular K-member (QA-1) - is this going to be a problem?

Senior SCH Member

One more question

What's the best way to determine the optimal location of the car on the trailer? Any simple rules I can follow, or is it mostly trial and error (hopefully very little of the latter)?