Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help-car idles-drives funny

you have brought up a very good point to my attn

but should it be pluged or have a breather like the way the kit recommened from paxton

i just bought a new ACT sensor so i can ghetto fab it to work in my car

i post back in a few hours with the results

thanks
    scott
    306-novi 1000(single belt baby)- afr185's- anderson b-21 cam, sheetmetal intake, d&d k-member :blob: - soon to be "re"completed- 475rwhp before new cam - gunning for 10's with the novi :freaks:

allright just drove the car

car seems to idle fine but when you drive it- it cuts out and and pulses

also i have the anderson programable mangament system so i can watch everything that is going on

should my timing when drivng at about 25mph be up to 40*+ of timing

also when timing the car with the spout out i have the timing set at like 10*- when i put the spout back in the car wont stay running and will die

just an idoit check but what way do you rotate the distributor to retard the timing- clockwise or counter

i ask because i thing that my balancer is off and reads all f-ed up

any ideas now

thanks in advance
    scott
    306-novi 1000(single belt baby)- afr185's- anderson b-21 cam, sheetmetal intake, d&d k-member :blob: - soon to be "re"completed- 475rwhp before new cam - gunning for 10's with the novi :freaks:

Well if your balancer is screwed up this is the only way to make sure it's right. Buy a piston stop(very helpful tool for more than one reason) and install it in #1. Rotate the engine by hand til the you can't turn it anymore. Mark @ the timing pointer. rotate the other direction till it stops and mark @ the pointer. The exact point between the two marks IS TDC. Then reset your timing.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D