Thread: discharge tube

Junior SCH Member

Angry discharge tube

Hello this is my first post just got my novi 1000 kit and I have had all kinds of trouble. no directions to start with, the kit is brand new ordered it from jegs. bolts were missing, washers were missing and once I got the directs of paxtons web site they were crappy and incomplete to say the least I do now have the kit on but the discharge tube doesnt fit between the blower and the throttle body what gives any one else have any of these problems? Also the kit was missing the tool that disconects the fuel lines so I have to go buy one today. One other thing the fitting that sends oil to the blwer would not thread into the block so I had to buy an extension to make clearence so it would thread in . None of these problems were even so much as menchioned in the directions. Even the belt needed to be shorter but nope nothing in the directions.Just had to vent this is alot of mony to spend to have these types of troubles.

Thanks,JIM

Welcome Jim, rule #1 throw out the instructions, lol. That's what we are here for, there's a wealth of knowledge on here and some of us have been running this specific blower for over 2 yrs.

The fitment of the discharge tube is common, especially if running aftermarket intake. Some have had to trim it, others have not. You gotta keep in mind that these kits were based of a bone stock vehicle with all access in place.

If you could throw a brief summary of your combo into your signature, it helps us to see what you are working with. Also, if you have a digital cam, pictures can be uploaded into photopost here. This is an invaluable tool for when you hit a snag and a simple picture can say more than words.

Once again, welcome and feel free to shoot away with any ?'s you might have or encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member frank woodall's Avatar
    Welcome to the site.........The oil adapter just about everyone had to get.
    Like anything with hundreds of pieces, a few might get left out now and then.
    I have heard of a few kits missing things.....mine luckily was missing nothing.
    The inlet pipe, if you have any other intake except stock or a plenum spacer you may need to trim a small amount at a time to fit it.
    Is it a single belt or twin belt set-up ?

frank
    "The replacement for displacement is measured in P.S.I."
    91 Turbo GT Vert (fast)
    92 GMC Typhoon #1799
    00 Suzuki Katana
    90 LX Vert 5.0 (all stock 57,000mi)

Welcome to the site!!!
    I had most of the problems you speak of (except for lack of instructions but didn't use those anyways) but it's well worth it once you have it all up and running on the car
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Junior SCH Member

discharge tube

Thanks for the welcoming every one . I have a stock intake and heads also throttle body is stock. The novi kit is a twin belt set up and every thing is all ready to go just the discharge tube will not fit but if others have had to trim this then I will do the same. Hope too god I can put fire to this beast in the morning and see if this was mony well spent. Any suggestion on what too look for on start up or any thing else I should do ?

Thanks, JIM

SCH Member
    I didn't have much trouble with either on my fox body. the steel braided line makes it to the oil sending unit okay if you run it behind the accessories. it goes in to the sending unit T, not the block. the discharge tube is a minor pita, it looks like it doesn't match up but it will. you have to push the rubber piece back to the edge of the d/t, mate it up with the throttle body, then push it over and tighten the clamps. any other way didn't work for me. I had more trouble tapping the oil pan for oil return and tapping the d/t for a bypass than anything else. post some pics!!
    s/c 331

Junior SCH Member

Blower is on and running!!

Got the blower on this morning and what a huge impprovement. I do have one problem The hood doesnt close right and hits the hood making that side raise up and stuppid me I trimmed that portion of the liner and now I have a small dent in the hood. What can I do about the hood I thought about a cowel induction hood but that wont help. Is there something wrong or is this a commin problem?

Thanks, JIM

93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Junior SCH Member

Smile clearance

Awsome I will go do this thank you very much!!!

JIM

Junior SCH Member

Talking blower clearance

CLOCKED the blower that did the trick why in the hell are things like this not in the direction manuals paxton needs to get there s... toghter!! It seems to me that if you spend 1700 on anything it should not be missing anything and have very complete directions. Thanks for the help this is a great site you guys helped me alot. I have a friend with a digital cam. and will post some pics soon.

Thanks, JIM

Don't feel bad Jim, I dented my stock hood as well as half the other guys with the 1K in here.

Glad to hear you got it running.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

I installed the same kit a few weeks ago as well......here's a link to some pics

http://www.performance-shop.com/yabb...?topic=18063.0

Hmm gotta register to view pics, if they'll let ya link do that so we can see :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Haha, I had to clock my blower too. I still had to bang the support rail in a bit on the hood to keep it from rubbing the fitting for the oil feed line on the blower. I got frustrated many times getting mine running, but it is starting to pay off. Now, I am developing a small oil leak. It's all in the name of fun!
    1989 LX Coupe
    Novi 1000, FMS/Bosch 42#'s, GT40 irons, GT40 intake, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 65mm T/B, 1.7 rockers, stock cam, MAC longtubes, MAC prochamber, flowmasters welded in stock pipes, T5z, 3.73 gears.

Best ET: 12.55
    Best MPH: 115.2