Thread: how do you ajust the fmu??

Junior SCH Member

Arrow how do you ajust the fmu??

ok my supercharger works great but the problem im haveing now is when i hit about 4200-4500 it stops and chugs i think that its not enough fuel i have a 255 pump with a fmu and 19lb injectors if it does that i think its a fuel problem how can i ajust the fmu and or do i need bigger injectors?? im only pushing 6psi

Senior SCH Member
    It depends. do you have a vortech super fmu? I assume not becasue it is pretty self explanatory if you have one. If you have a vortech basic type fmu, there is a kit that has certain size disks for the different ratio fmu's. The smaller the disk, the smaller the ratio. I think the disk kit is 30 bucks.

Junior SCH Member
    I personally wouldn't run 19's on a boosted car even with an fmu. I've known way too many people getting too lean-a-condition that way, and killing their motor. Make sure it isn't pinging.
    Last edited by fastf50rd; 05-29-2004 at 10:55 AM.
    Paxton SN93, 42 lb injectors, 255 lpm walbro, kirban reg., Holley systemax II intake, Thumper perf. ported E7 heads, TFS1 cam, hooker headers, off road H, flowmaster muffs, homade powerpipe, blah....blah....blah.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Blowing out spark change plugs to Autolite #23 and gap at .032.
    Have a Fast Day.