Thread: If you could change something about your SuperCharger kit, what would it be??

If you could change something about your SuperCharger kit, what would it be??

Hey all.

So the question is:

"If you could change something about your SuperCharger kit, what would it be??"

Why are we asking? Well the goal of SCH Racing is to offer a complete SuperCharger kit using a Vortech based head unit. We would supply the brackets, pulleys, hardware, oil feed, air inlet, discharge, ect... And you could have your pick of the SC, S, T, YS, YSi, ect..

Here is an example of what I would like to see:

SuperCharger Model: Vortech S-Trim
    I would like: Stainless steel bolts, bypass valve, braided feed and return

Here is another example:

SuperCharger Model: Vortech SC-Trim
    I would like: Aluminum Intake tube, bypass valve

The more feedback I get the better I can make our SuperCharger kits.

Here is a short lits of features that are planned for our kits:
    -Polished Aluminum Discharge tube standard
    -Bypass valve standard
    -PowerPipe standard
    -Braided feed and return
    -SCH Brackets
    -SCH Billet pulleys

Thanks all,

Ian

1: Stainless Hardeware

2: A real set of instructions. PM me on this one Ian.

3: I really liked the feature on my v7 discharge, that allowed the use of either the race bypass, mondo, or even the plastic one.

4: Complete the first time it's recieved.
    Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

How about a real discharge valve (the mondo one) for S-trim kits and others that come with the small one.

i have never been a big fan of worm gear hose clamps. tighten them too much and they distort as well as cut into the rubber/silicone sleeves. how about a decent set of t-bolts or at the very least a lined hose clamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

Very good so far guys! Keep them coming.

Ian

Ditto on the V-7 Discharge and Mondo valve. Cause everyone ends up trying 14+ psi sooner or later and the V-7 tube just makes more power anyway. Also I can't believe the big 3 supercharger companies don't make 4" powerpipes. T-bolt clamps is another good one.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I would have liked a bigger head unit with my kit :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    discharge tube, clamps and blow off valve. an intercooler or the boost cooler from snow perfomance would be nice
    92 lx convertable s-trim,brodix st50 heads,trick flow street intake, aod with shift kit and 3000 stall converter,and some 4.10s in the back

How about a price tag of $1 ?

I think alot of people would ditch the FMU,BTM, and fuel pump for a nicer bracket, and a couple of diff pulleys.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Ya the v7 discharge is nice. Largest crank pulley you can get too.

The only thing I would change on my Paxton Novi 2000 kit would be to ditch that retared reducder they have by the MAF. Some people have said that by removing that reducer that they picked up 2-3 LBS of boost. I mean the whole kit is very very nice and the whole point of a SC is to get more air to the motor then at they very end you have to put in that stupid reducer and mess that all up. Im hoping that by getting a UPR Power pipe that I wont have to use that reducer anymore.
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

What would I change about my supercharger kit?

I have an AFM Vortech S-trim Stg I kit on a 94 GT. A box style intake with integrated aftercooler set up would be great. Something that has the short runner style lower like the TF box or Wazees setup on Stangnet with a Mondo style only not as tall box upper. The only other option we have to go to a 93 or older style intake setup to match an aftercooler. Heck I'd be happy if someone invented one that just has you flip the upper over to the driver side and uses longer plumbing for an air to air intercooler.
    Wayne
    Rio Red 94 GT :teeth:
    AFM Vortech S-Trim Stg I kit
    some bolt ons

See website for complete mod list: http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/waynes94gt.msnw :drool:

How about air to air intercoolers? I'll have one rigged up on mine by next year.

Junior SCH Member

oil feed line

I have read a few posts about other people having the exact same problem with there NOVI 1000 oil feed line hitting one of the hood supports. I just pulled out the hood blanket cut the support and put the blanket back. Not really a big deal to me but there has to be more care taken by paxton to make sure things fit before years of production.