Thread: vr4 fuel injectors....

Senior SCH Member

vr4 fuel injectors....

are 42lb fuel injectors going to be enough for the vr4?

Senior SCH Member
    Brian,

I would look into purchasing the equipment to burn your own chip and a scan tool you can put on your laptop to see what your engine is doing. Consequently, I do not know what is needed for ford's:( I have a chevy and the know how for the chip/software in that dept. only:( But I can tell you that you can burn your own chip to omit the fmu and or to see what the engine is doing interms of how rich/lean it is running. One way you could kind of see is if you got a wide band kit, then messed with the fmu disks while going through the rpm's? Probally safer to take it to a dyno when you do this, but having the stuff yourself is nice. As for the injectors, Not sure what size you need for 15psi? I currently run ford svo 24's for my car and I had 8.5lbs of boost.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Brian,

I would look into purchasing the equipment to burn your own chip and a scan tool you can put on your laptop to see what your engine is doing. Consequently, I do not know what is needed for ford's:( I have a chevy and the know how for the chip/software in that dept. only:( But I can tell you that you can burn your own chip to omit the fmu and or to see what the engine is doing interms of how rich/lean it is running. One way you could kind of see is if you got a wide band kit, then messed with the fmu disks while going through the rpm's? Probally safer to take it to a dyno when you do this, but having the stuff yourself is nice. As for the injectors, Not sure what size you need for 15psi? I currently run ford svo 24's for my car and I had 8.5lbs of boost.
    i want to get tweecer for tuning, but thats after my supercharger and fuel injector purchase.

i am running 24lbs right now with an fmu and am running 5psi of boost.

Senior SCH Member
    I would wait for speedytang's reply. You do not want to overkill on the injectors, yet you do not want to go lean either! Not sure what size the ford's need for 15psi of boost? I would guess either 30 or 36? Especially with the fmu.

Senior SCH Member
    i am looking to ditch the fmu for what its worth.

Senior SCH Member
    You may want to keep it. I run the 4/1 jsut for safety. Once I have time to fine tune my chip, then I may ditch it........but i doubt it. Kind of nice to have. If you don't have the adjustible kit, you can get the disk kit to change the fmu from a 4/1 up to a 12/1fmu for 30 bucks from vortech.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    42lb injectors will support 650hp. Now the problem with anything over 30lb injectors is without a tuning device for adjusting fuel maps it will flood when hot so you will need to start it with the pedal to the floor and many have idle issues and it is to fat when not in boost. Get a Tweecer or PMS and those problems are solved and with my 42lb injectors I still get 22mpg and 19 city.