Thread: tapping a sn-**** to the oil pan.

Senior SCH Member

tapping a sn-**** to the oil pan.

How would you go about adding oil lines to the paxton units? How would you keep the oil level correct in the unit is my basic question.

Im not talking about using that little dipstick cooler...im talking about tapping the bottom of the unit with oil lines.

Senior SCH Member
    Brian,

I would not advise that becasue of a coupple of reasons. One, you would have to change the tranny oil very frequently to maintain the life of the charger. I change my supercharger oil every 1500 miles/2 months. I purchased a large transmission cooler and put a fan on it. So my oil capacity is 3x what the orginal oil cooler capacity. The larger cooler, fan and frequent oil changes works great. Another guy who lives in texas (much warmer temp's outside!) suggested this to me and his s/c has lasted a long time!

Senior SCH Member
    I agree with you somewhat, but that little dipstick cooler isnt worth a whole lot in my book.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    That dipstick cooler has worked fine for me for 11+ years and my VR4 has 50k+ miles on it with just a rear impeller shaft lip seal every 3-5 years. I do use a cooler the size of my radiator and I put a remote drain in the return line so it is quick and easy to change fluid. Drilling the case has been done before and Craig at Paradise has done it before but I really don't see the need. You would still use your dipstick to check your supercharger level .